cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

have signed up for for full fibre 900 and am only receiving around 550Mb at the router

garyo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

this is supplied via CITY Fibre. Vodafone verify this is the speed at the router is recieving BUT TELL ME THEY ONLY GARENTEE 450MB told me to go away that is what you get  is anyone getting simila teratment for 900MB speed.

11 REPLIES 11

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

Look back at what you ordered. I'm sure you'll find it's "up to" 900Mb.

Sorry Ripshod 10% lower I could make allowances for 40% down is a rip off ASA say 50 % of customers should get the speed advertised at peak times I get about 550MB at quiet times comes via City Fibre they direct you straight to Vodafone who give the answer it is what it is.

Ripshod

But it was you that agreed to an "up to" speed and a minimum speed guarantee.

Who's at fault here? Vodafone is fulfilling their contract. 

Hi Ripshod,  If VF had told me they were selling 450MB & not 900MB as advertised & not tucked it away in the T & C'c I would have made a different buying decision If my milkman says I will deliver & charge you for  2 pints a day then only supplies 1 & charges for 2 I tell him to sling his hook. If they could not supply somewhere near the speed stated in the Headline they deceived me. One question your picture is a Parrot do you work for Vodafone ?

Jayach

@garyo wrote:

If VF had told me they were selling 450MB & not 900MB as advertised & not tucked it away in the T & C'c I would have made a different buying decision

The guaranteed download speed is hardly hidden away, it's up-front on the sign up page. 

Jayach_0-1716572382813.png

However is is a bit disingenuous of them to rely on that, instead of investigating why you aren't getting the full speed.

the attitude seems to be we meet the minimum requirement for 900MB at 450MB, We have your money, we don't care , go away & stop moaning. 

Ripshod

The parrot is Buddy. He eats fingers. 

Cadburys or Fish

Ripshod

@Jayach Latest news from casa Ripshod

Screenshot_2024-05-24-20-18-13-48_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

 I think I should be complaining too 🤣