Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LTE Backup Speed

pauldavidcurtis
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All, 

Please can you advise me on what I should do regarding poor LTE backup speed? 

I have Vodafone Pro broadband with the Ultra hub. LTE modem installed and 'working' except for the fact that the hub reports LTE credentials as follows; Signal Strength 2 of 10, SNR 0 dB, SINR 7.0 dB, Power -84 dBm. 

Not suprisingly, when the main internet goes down, there is only a trickle of data. Too slow to get a speed test via ookla or similar.

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Janey

Hi @pauldavidcurtis Thanks for posting!

We want you getting the most out of all of your connections so let's take a closer look. I'd recommend starting by taking a look at the mobile coverage in your area. We've also got some helpful steps to help you identify if where the the issue might be. If the issue is pointing to the SIM or device, you'd then need to speak with our broadband team so they can look into this further. You can catch them on 0333 304 0191 or Live Chat

Thanks Janey,

Unfortunately when I called the number I was told the issue was my data allowance!?! 

Not to give up i tried the Live chat only to be told I had to wait for my main broadband to be out first?!?

After following my own nose, I popped the SIM into a TPlink Archer MR600 and low and behold I had a usable LTE AP. 

Dissapointing that tech support were neither technical nor supportive. 

P.