cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot connect to my mobile from landline.

OldMan24
2: Seeker

I have purchased a new Panasonic house telephone with two satellites to work on my BT line, but now find I cannot connect to my mobile. Every time I try to connect, after a wait I get through to voicemail. I have tried my wife’s Vodafone mobile phone and it connects ok and the house phone seems to be working ok with all other connections apart from my mobile. Anyone know what the problem is? 

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

First question, could you call your mobile with whatever you had before getting the Panasonic DECT phone?

OldMan24

Yes all worked perfectly before the change.

Jayach

So, would it be possible to go back to how it was previously, just to make sure it still works?

There is no reason swapping to a DECT phone, instead of a standard corded phone, would cause what you are describing.

Thank you. Our previous phone was a BT cordless satellite phone the same principle as now but older. So I don't understand what's happened. I am now trying to get someone else with a landline to try and ring my mobile. Problem is finding a relative or neighbour with a landline phone as they all seem to have only mobiles nowadays. Seems like we are in a minority! 

OldMan24

Update: Thanks for your input. I have now managed to persuade a friend to ring my mobile from their landline phone and it connected ok. So I am now confused. How can a landline phone be selective?

Edit2: I also rang my home phone from my mobile which connected ok. So then tried to ringback from home phone to mobile and got no connection but Vodafone voicemail again.