cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

FTTC Digital Voice, Call forwarding, how, and costs?

courtn00b
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I'm still trying to figure out this VOIP thing. Since I don't want to use the supplied router it seems the landline is gone, however some calls may need to be received on it.

I see a £2.50 option for call forwarding available, but I've read that it will charge for each call as well how long it lasts?
I'm just worried that by activating this on the landline that it'll redirect all the spam callers and I'll end up with a huge phone bill at the end of the month.

Otherwise I'm just going to move everything over to a mobile (causes more stress as family are resistant to change).

Call Management Bundle
(available on request) Charges
Call Management Bundle: Anonymous Caller
Rejection, Call Divert and Call Waiting £2.50/month*
*Not available on our full fibre broadband plans.
Please note: For Call Divert, call charges for the diverted part of the call may apply as per your Vodafone Home
Broadband and Phone Services plan and add-ons.

Has anyone got experience of this and the costs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I'm not sure where you are getting your info from, but (as far as I know) there are basically no calling features on digital voice.

If you check your source document, it probably says *Not available on our full fibre broadband plans.

What it really means is *Not available on digital voice (VoIP)

If you don't want to use the Vodafone router, and are not prepared to go to the hassle of setting up a Grandstream device, (see here: Landline phone with own router on FTTP - Community home (vodafone.co.uk), then getting your own VoIP service would seem to be the only solution.

I don't want to steer you wrong, but what you suggest just doesn't seem to be available.

Maybe, in the future, things will change.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

Jayach

I'm not sure where you are getting your info from, but (as far as I know) there are basically no calling features on digital voice.

If you check your source document, it probably says *Not available on our full fibre broadband plans.

What it really means is *Not available on digital voice (VoIP)

If you don't want to use the Vodafone router, and are not prepared to go to the hassle of setting up a Grandstream device, (see here: Landline phone with own router on FTTP - Community home (vodafone.co.uk), then getting your own VoIP service would seem to be the only solution.

I don't want to steer you wrong, but what you suggest just doesn't seem to be available.

Maybe, in the future, things will change.

Hi

Is there a summary of what the options are to use analogue (DECT if that makes any difference) phones with FTTC connections without the Voda THD3000 router?

My new Voda contract has been rather a surprise with the analogue landline going away  imminently ( I thought that was in 2025) and I've no experience with VOIP adapters.

I've glanced at the FTTP thread but it gets very technical very quickly regarding configs and is also 23 pages long, with the latest page not improving confidence in working sol'ns!

Ripshod

The last page in that thread is relevant only to running a pbx server, something you won't actually need to go through for a dect phone on digital voice. Read a little further back. 

Don't need to worry, you just plug it into the Vodafone router instead of into the wall. I posted here because I wanted to NOT use the supplied Vodafone router.

I have since reluctantly used their router so my family member can use the landline, it works fine and is the same quality as before. 

Be aware that if there is a powercut then the router won't have power and so the phone will not work. Have a mobile for emergencies.

Tx but I don't want to use the Vodafone router, but continue with my HG612 fibre modem and then Pfsense. From memory the THD3000 doesn't support bridging so it'd be double NAT time. 😞

Jayach

@mr-b wrote:

My new Voda contract has been rather a surprise with the analogue landline going away  imminently ( I thought that was in 2025) and I've no experience with VOIP adapters.

That is when the PSTN is being switched off.

Services are being phased out till then. with no new connections after 5th September this year.