Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Landline VOIP over FTTC teething problems

kj-mil71
3: Seeker

My elderly parents have recently started a Fibre 2 broadband and landline contract with Vodafone. Their broadband is supplied via FTTC and the internet cable for the router emerges from a NTE5C Master Socket and connects to their Vox 3.0 router. Just to get them up and running I had plugged in one BT Decor 2200 corded phone into the VOIP adapter sent out by Vodafone and plugged the other end of that into the Tel1 socket on the back of the router. They can hear a normal dial tone on the phone and can make outgoing phone calls with no problem. However, nobody can call them on the landline number. Anyone attempting to ring them gets a 3 beep, call connection failure tone and then silence. Their landline phone never rings.

The broadband connection is perfect. Outgoing calls just fine. Not receiving landline calls at all is a real problem as they live in a mobile phone reception weak spot.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any pointers or useful information would be greatly appreciated. I'm in touch with Vodafone tech support but it's interminably slow to get anything useful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kj-mil71

I have now got a resolution to this problem. The landline number that Vodafone initially supplied with my Broadband and Landline package apparently used to be used by TalkTalk and for some undisclosed (to me anyway) reason it was never going to be able to be usable by me as a working VOIP landline. Who knows why. Anyway, Vodafone have now done what I suggested to them over 3 weeks ago and supplied a new number for me to use. A couple of days for them to set it up and now my landline works as it should. Incoming and outgoing calls both working.

The support system for diagnosing problems with landlines is very slow, repetitive and unbelievably frustrating for customers. If this sort of thing happens to you, be prepared for a lengthy multi-week ordeal. If you are not wedded to the landline number you're having problems with I would just insist on being supplied with a new number straightaway.

Vodafone offered a month's credit of fees which I consider the very least they could do, given that I have spent over 14 and a half hours in total using their support systems both on the phone and the online chat.

Thank you to those people who have engaged with this thread over the past month.

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

kj-mil71

I have now got a resolution to this problem. The landline number that Vodafone initially supplied with my Broadband and Landline package apparently used to be used by TalkTalk and for some undisclosed (to me anyway) reason it was never going to be able to be usable by me as a working VOIP landline. Who knows why. Anyway, Vodafone have now done what I suggested to them over 3 weeks ago and supplied a new number for me to use. A couple of days for them to set it up and now my landline works as it should. Incoming and outgoing calls both working.

The support system for diagnosing problems with landlines is very slow, repetitive and unbelievably frustrating for customers. If this sort of thing happens to you, be prepared for a lengthy multi-week ordeal. If you are not wedded to the landline number you're having problems with I would just insist on being supplied with a new number straightaway.

Vodafone offered a month's credit of fees which I consider the very least they could do, given that I have spent over 14 and a half hours in total using their support systems both on the phone and the online chat.

Thank you to those people who have engaged with this thread over the past month.

Ripshod
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I moved to Vodafone from talktalk and kept my number. Maybe because I moved to Vodafone fttc prior to the move to voip, but really administration should be no different.