Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No connection from sky customers friends

Galaxyraider
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My friends whom are with sky can't ring me when they do the line says number not recognised, I was with sky before changing to Vodafone, I since found out that sky is not fully releasing my  number, therefore I think the are monopolising the system which is illegal can anyone suggest a solution 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HelpfulBadger
11: Established

Hiya,

It sounds like you're right, and somethings gone wrong with the port.

A split port is where Sky are telling external customers that you've moved (so they can contact you), but haven't updated their internal routing so only some calls/texts/etc are coming through, unfortunately it happens occasionally, but often enough there's an industry wide process for dealing with it.

If you contact Vodafone via phone or social media they'll be able to get in touch with the Porting Support team to raise a split port case and have Sky fix the issue (iirc it can take upto 5 working days, but they'll verify this for you)

Hope this helps

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

Jayach
16: Advanced member

I can't offer a solution, but I came from Sky and my number was originally issued by Sky, and I had no problem transferring. If it's only Sky users who can't ring you then I think you need to chase Vodafone as it was their job to ensure it all worked.

My number was originally from BT and transferred in October 2008 but now with Vodafone and that's the problem Sky are not fully transferring my number and some of my friends have had the same problem they only way out was to go back to sky or change their phone number 

Jayach

I honestly don't think it is Sky's fault. Something went wrong during the transfer and it is Vodafone's problem to sort out.

HelpfulBadger

Hiya,

It sounds like you're right, and somethings gone wrong with the port.

A split port is where Sky are telling external customers that you've moved (so they can contact you), but haven't updated their internal routing so only some calls/texts/etc are coming through, unfortunately it happens occasionally, but often enough there's an industry wide process for dealing with it.

If you contact Vodafone via phone or social media they'll be able to get in touch with the Porting Support team to raise a split port case and have Sky fix the issue (iirc it can take upto 5 working days, but they'll verify this for you)

Hope this helps

I've just seen this is in the landline section - The above is for mobile connections, for landline/broadband a similar process exists but through OpenReach and Vodafone's care teams

I’m experiencing the same issue. I transferred my broadband & landline from Now Broadband to Vodafone. Broadband is working fine and has been since date of transfer 5 weeks ago. Landline though has been a nightmare. No calls in/out initially then outgoing allowed but inbound only possible from non-Sky customers. My landline number is not recognised by anyone calling from Sky mobile Sky landline or Now BB landline. Took ages to get them to raise a formal compliant. I had to use an online form in the end. Then my complaint was closed without my consent when they deemed the issue fixed! I have reset the router, provided example data of failed calls, must have spent hours in the phone speaking with the complaints team 1st and 2nd line support etc. It’s been a complete nightmare.

Jayach

Ridiculous, that is obviously a configuration error at their end. I assume you are using digital voice. (connected via router)

I believe it's known as a partial/incomplete port. It is up to Vodafone to resolve.

yes mandatory switch to VOIP … transferred between ISPs umpteen times in the past on copper with no issues. 

Jayach

It's probably that Sky haven't released it properly, but it's still up to Vodafone to resolve.