Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Re-joining Vodafone Broadband & home phone

nick_london
4: Newbie

I was with Vodafone Broadband before but I moved to TalkTalk which was a silly idea and I'm moving back to Vodafone with an activation date already given to me which is a few weeks away.

Now what I would like to know is, Last time I got my telephone service via traditional PSTN line (Openreach copper line) Does Vodafone still provide the telephone service in this way to new customers or is Vodafone providing the telephone service through the hub (voip/digital voice)?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

It does on Superfast. Only the Gigafast (FTTP) uses VOIP. (to the best of my knowledge)

Hope you aren't jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Hi thanks for your response. I was with Vodafone Broadband before and it was superb, then I was offered a deal with TalkTalk and it was awful.

I will be using the 63mb speed option on Vodafone just like I was before.

The Vodafone FTTP service is not available here even though my home has the Openreach FTTP box ect... Vodafone tend to offer the gigabit services over the Cityfibre network.

So yes I will be using the copper-FTTC system.

Jumping out of the frying pan into the fire moving to Vodafone very much not. Switching to TalkTalk was.

My problems with TalkTalk are to do with telling lies, the CEO team also told lies about the TV service and that I can upgrade to FTTP once I get installed which makes no sense and if it doesn't make sense it's usually lies. Even the Openreach engineer laughed and said no the FTTP around here isn't offered to TalkTalk Customers.

Next the other problems which I had with TalkTalk are problems deep down within their own network, Internet keep going down and problems with the phone service, the ringtone of the phone also varies day to day. 

Because of the large number of problems TalkTalk have allowed me to exit my contract early without penalty. Why? Because they are unable to give me a fix date and they can't afford to keep giving me credits so far which total to around £180.

Once I go live with Vodafone all these issues will disappear.

Jayach

@nick_london wrote:

Once I go live with Vodafone all these issues will disappear.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.🤞

I switched from Sky and although my problems haven't been as bad as yours with TT the support from Vodafone is dire. They really don't have a clue about broadband and as for lies, Vodafone are masters at it. (not out of malice, when they don't know the answer they just make one up) 

Oh yes Vodafone did that to me once making up a story but it was only something minor other than that I didn't have issues with Vodafone in the past.

When Vodafone took over C&W, they should have used the staff from that business as it was mostly a fixed line operator and they would know more about broadband.

When I signed up to Vodafone over the weekend it was on live chat and they were very helpful but the person admitted he wasn't sure if the phone would be a traditional landline or voip connected to the hub, so at least they didn't make up something.

Vodafone isn't taking orders online at the moment and I'm waiting for a new phone with a new T-Loop so I signed up via live chat and I found them quite considerate as they also asked me if had any special needs ect... I didn't actually tell them why I was signing up via live chat, I just said I'm unable to call you.

I was also asking about the phone to make sure it's compatible but like Virgin Media an adapter is supplied.

I know BT are able to offer FTTP to me and give me a free digital voice phone but I cannot afford the packages.

Also when I was in the process of signing up to BT the 150mb clearly stated £39 per month, when I got towards the end, the summary said it was £51 per month, so no I changed my mind and went to Vodafone and to be honest 63mb is more than enough for me

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @nick_london 

As you've worked out, the Superfast 2 package is FTTC so you'll be on the Openreach phone lines for your landline. 

Welcome back to Vodafone! If you need any help with anything we're also available on Twitter and Facebook 🙂