cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Receiving Digital Voice on a mobile phone?

AlexGoUK
3: Seeker

I have just installed the Vodafone Business Pro II Fibre 2, and my old landline number has been converted to digital audio. I have a phone connected to the router, and everything is working well. I know that there is an option to divert calls to a mobile number by dialing *21*phonenumber#. But my question is, is there a way to be able to answer calls simultaneously on a mobile? In other words, can both the home telephone and mobile ring at the same time, allowing one to answer the call?

8 REPLIES 8

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

In a word, nope. 

Have you checked the call divert actually works?

AlexGoUK

I haven't checked it yet, but since Vodafone Digital Audio operates on VOIP, can't one download a SIP phone app on the mobile device  and add the Digital Audio details to it to receive calls?

Jayach

@AlexGoUK 

As you are on business broadband things may be different to us home users, but basically there are no calling features with Vodafone's digital voice, Do let us know if you try the divert option and whether it works for you.

AlexGoUK

@Jayach I just tried it. I dialled *21*myphonenumber#, then I called the number from another mobile number, and it works. I was able to answer. I called a few times, and it works fine. When I dialled #21#, it canceled the diversion. Now, I need to figure out if a SIP app on a mobile can be connected to it so that when calls come in, it can ring in the app and on the main phone simultaneously.

Jayach

@AlexGoUK 

Thanks for testing it, and letting us know it works.

I'm not yet on digital voice, so couldn't try for myself.

The problem with getting  a SIP app working on a mobile will be getting the necessary details from Vodafone.

I don't believe anyone on the Home Broadband service has managed it yet, perhaps you will have better luck being on Business Broadband.

Do keep us updated.

Ripshod

The problem you will have, if the digital voice service is anything like the domestic product, is the service will only be served to the broadband ip. Also, there's no phone app that can access the necessary settings.

In other words, nope. 

Hi @AlexGoUK 

I know that calling features don't work on the home digitial voice sevice on full fibre as I have it. Glad they are working for you on business broadband but having made enquiries about this for a small business I was advised by Vodafone Business that no calling features were availble on digitial voice full fibre.

If they are available Vodafone are missing out on potential business as there Business Broadband deals are very competitively priced.

AlexGoUK

@Archie07  the only feature available on Business Broadband Digital Voice is call forwarding which I have tested and works fine. In fact, when I spoke to Vodafone support yesterday, they informed me that even with the business broadband service, they don't offer the option of using a SIP app or VOIP phone. This is a bit frustrating because most VOIP services do provide login details to use with SIP apps. So I guess we'll have to wait and see if Vodafone will offer this feature in the coming future!