Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone fibre landland

lonesheepma
3: Seeker

Hi,

I've a Vodafone fibre and landline to the house with an ultra 6e hub router (worst router I've ever used in my option).  However, ignoring that, I've issues with the landline.

The landline occasionally stops working.  No indication, I just get a call on my mobile or a neighbour popping around to say they can't get hold of me on the phone.  I turn the router off and on and all is working again.  Is this normal or a common issue? It obviously makes the landline completely useless as I never know if it is actually working.

M

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Are you on Full Fibre (FTTP) or Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC)?

But, no that isn't a common problem, it usually works or doesn't. Not just occasionally.

lonesheepma

Hi,

I'm on FTTP.

Phone work.....then a few weeks later I'm told by people they can't get hold of me.  I check the phone and yes, it has stopped working.  Broadband is working OK, it is just the phone which stops.

I switch the router off and back on again and all works.  very annoying.

lonesheepma

Alternatively, is there any recommendation for a third party router which also supports a phone.  I have doubts with this router as I find the UI is awful and very lacking.  I've had issues with configuration changes not applying or the UI freezing up completely.  The response from Vodafone when this happens is to hard reset it - which gives you great confidence!

Jayach

There are (AFAIK) no 3rd party router's that will support Vodafone's digital voice service.

If you are getting nowhere with the standard support, I would suggest raising an official complaint.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints/code-of-practice