cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Will BT advanced phones conect to vodafone router via WPS?

Bigbill2656
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have a full Fibre set up but my router will not pick up my Advanced Digital handsets? I know they are DECT does a vodafone router support DECT. I have pressed the WPS button and the phones dont connect. I have also tried taking my ipone off my network then pressing the WPS on router. on my wifi listing on my ipone the original Vodafone router shows but it askes for the password even when i have pressed WPS? 

thanks if anyone can advise me.

Bill

10 REPLIES 10

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

DECT phones don't connect via WiFi. You have to plug the base unit into the tel1/tel2 socket on the back of the vf router using an rj11 to rj11 cable (provided) and an adapter. You may not have the adapter though - but it should be provided. 

Jayach

The question has been asked before on here. The DECT base for the phones is built into the BT home hub, so no, you won't be a able to use them on Vodafone.

I don't understand the comments about the iPhone though.

Ripshod

"The DECT base for the phones is built into the BT home hub"

I wasn't aware of that, thank you. 

thanks

is there a work around that anyone has heard of? annoyed bought 3 phones a few months back now no use.

thanks

Bill

Jayach

You could try selling them on eBay, or move back to BT.

Do you have a link to where you bought them from? If it wasn't made clear they would only work with specific BT routers, you may have a right to return them.

Were they these: BT Essential Digital Home Phone | BT Help

BT Essential Digital Home Phone (090709) | BT Shop

CrimsonLiar

Actually, you should be able to pick up a DECT base unit and then connect your handsets to the base!

Jayach

@CrimsonLiar wrote:

Actually, you should be able to pick up a DECT base unit and then connect your handsets to the base!

I think that would be true for the BT Advanced phone, but not the BT digital advanced phone, which is designed specifically for the BT Digital Voice system. 

Jayach_0-1678533516917.png

However if anyone can prove different, I'll be happy to hear it.

Yes I have found out they work on BT only 😧