Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BT34 - Rostrevor Slow 4g

Kopaka261
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

I get a 40% 4g connection on my Gigacube 5G PCE Pro.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? 

BT34 3DS.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Only tested in Gigacube.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No errors, but I get 1-2 mbps download speed and an 8 mbps upload speed. This is too slow to deal with.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

Only 4g, I can't change the gigacube to connect to 3g or 2g and I dont get 5g where I live.    

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Ever since receiving the Gigacube 2 days ago.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @Kopaka261 

The Vodafone status-checker does not show any known issues for your local or surrounding mast and shows that Data Speeds should be better than the one's your experiencing. The Service Checker gives an indication of service but isn't a guaranteed service experience.

It would be beneficial if you could use somebodies phone to test your sim card in.

This could as a process of elimination highlight issues with....

1. The Sim Card. { This can be replaced by acquiring a Blank Sim Card from Vodafone and performing a Sim Swap or a Vodafone HighstreetStore can do this in-house }

2. The area you live in has fringe coverage or not-spots. { Unfortunately there's little you can do to remedy this. All Network's have them. }

3. The Gigacube has issues. {Double Check any relevant settings and perform a forum search to see if there are any existing posts from people who have had slow speeds and resolved them }

i.e 

Gigacube-5G-speed-problem. 

Super-slow-gigacube-4g. 

Slow-speeds-from-Vodafone-Gigacube-5G-in-Central-London. 

4. Live Chat  can check your account and so can the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.  { If needed they can reset / flush it }

Perhaps ask neighbours if they use Vodafone and enquire what experiences they have.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Unfortunately it was just the area I live in, UK 4g networks are blocked by the Mourne mountains I have cancelled my direct debit and returned the Gigacube router. No one suggested trying vodafone (Ireland), so I have bought a sim card from Three (Ireland) which is picking up a signal from accross the Carlingford lough, between Carlingford and Omeath and I am getting 40mbps. It is crazy that UK networks wont invest in this area and I had to use this method. When I spoke to three (UK), they told me I would not get 4g where I lived and never even suggested trying three (Ireland). Thank you for trying to help.