cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I have a static IP address with a Vodafone mobile hotspot?

mrtony
3: Seeker

I have a personal office location close to a Vodafone mast, but that cannot be cabled (by copper or fibre). So I use a Vodafone mobile hotspot and I get very good 5G and broadband speeds. This is effectively my wireless router.

However I would need a static IP address to access certain web-based applications that I need from time to time. This would enable my fixed IP to be manually white-listed on the relevant server, so that my login would be recognised as safe.

Can Vodafone provide a fixed IP address for a mobile hotspot?

Thanks, Tony

5 REPLIES 5

Charlotte

Hello, @mrtony. I hope you're well.

I understand that you're looking to obtain a static IP address for your mobile hotspot, however that's not something which we're able to provide for a mobile connection, as it runs of dynamic IP. 

mrtony

Thanks Charlotte, so that's a No.

So if I changed my question to: 'HOW can I have a static IP address with a Vodafone mobile hotspot?', would your answer be 'You absolutely can't', or is there any other way that this might be possible?

As I said, I am happy with the underlying signal from Vodafone.

It's not something that you're able to do, @mrtony 

Lee_Paul
4: Newbie

Hi Mrtony, 

Just read your comment and happy to be corrected by someone but I'm pretty sure you can use Surfshark VPN to get a static ip address. The initial charge for the VPN is around £50 for 24 months so a little over £2 a month. It's then approx £4 extra a month for the static ip address. They provide 24 hour support so you could always ask the question to make sure it is compatible with your web based applications.

Granted it's an extra cost but given you can't get copper or fibre at your location this may be the way to do it. 

All the best, 

Lee

mrtony

Thanks Lee, helpful and I will investigate...