Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

eSim on lenovo laptop not working

richard_decor
2: Seeker

Hello, I 've been using a data-only sim in a dongle from vodafone for years.  I now have a brand new Lenovo Thinkpad L15 running Windows 10 which has LTE adapter which supports eSim. 

I went on to my vodaphone account and switched the physical sim to e-sim last week, and set up using the device's camera.  However I can't get any internet through this connection...

From googling...it seems like you have to add a APN manually so i did this in windows settings using wap.vodaphone.co.uk as the address and "wap" for both username and password.   It's showing as connected on the sidebar here: Capture2.PNG

And the adapter status shows 'internet' on IPv4, with a handful of packets sent and received, but internet definitely does not work.  When i look up the IPv4 properties of the adapter it's set to manual iP rather than DHCP, but has nothing in the IP address settings... is this correct?

Capture.PNG

Also both DNS settings are set to 10.206.64.1 ??

3 REPLIES 3

Effie

Hey @richard_decor I hope you're doing well! We'll need need to run some detailed checks on your SIM, device and account to find the issue and get it resolved. So this can be done, please drop the Social Media Team a message here 

richard_decor

This is now sorted - not quite sure how but most likely like my firewall system was preventing the device from contacting vodaphone servers to finish setup... once i disabled this it worked, and now it's carried on working with it re-enabled.

hetoo
1: Seeker

"To install an eSIM on your laptop, your Windows notebook needs to be running at least Windows 10 (version 1703) or later. To check if your Windows laptop supports eSIMs, go to Settings > Network & Internet > Cellular. If you see the option eSIM profiles it means your laptop is able to support eSIMs."