Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancel my pay monthly mobile broadband contract

chriscatuk
3: Seeker

I've used a 4G mobile broadband for 6 months until I could get the Optical Fiber installed, now that I don't need it anymore I can never get Vodafone on the phone due to conflicting opening hours or "unusually busy" call center.

Why do they only give me a STAC number on the website? why don't they offer to switch to PAYG contract via their Website?

I have this STAC number and nothing to do with it because I'm not moving to another mobile contract, just to an optical fiber provider. What would you do to stop this line ASAP and stop paying for something I don't need anymore? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Further to the advise already been given @chriscatuk .

Don't use  PAC, a mobile broadband number if not something you would want to keep.  If you have a STAC just get someone you know on an alternative network to submit the STAC to their network and the mobile broadband contract will immediately end without it having any effect on the account, if you don't know someone on an alternative network, get yourself an ordinary PAYG number for any other network, activate the SIM and submit the STAC yourself and this will generate the final bill without the need to give 30 days notice.   Unless the contract is a 30 day roll over plan as you have only had the contract for 6 months there may be some early termination charges.

Unfortunately, cancellation is something the Social Team here on the forum are unable to process.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

You need to contact Vodafone Customer Services to pass security checks to then ask them to stop the service. 

Or get a pac and give that to a new network on payg and that will stop the service. 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams have access to accounts too .

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Further to the advise already been given @chriscatuk .

Don't use  PAC, a mobile broadband number if not something you would want to keep.  If you have a STAC just get someone you know on an alternative network to submit the STAC to their network and the mobile broadband contract will immediately end without it having any effect on the account, if you don't know someone on an alternative network, get yourself an ordinary PAYG number for any other network, activate the SIM and submit the STAC yourself and this will generate the final bill without the need to give 30 days notice.   Unless the contract is a 30 day roll over plan as you have only had the contract for 6 months there may be some early termination charges.

Unfortunately, cancellation is something the Social Team here on the forum are unable to process.

chriscatuk

thanks. both answers were helpful, I'll ask a relative from a different provider to use the STAC on their account. sounds like the most straightforward. 

I tried it already with my own Vodafone line, but it failed. I suppose it needs to be on a different network