Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelled DONGLE contract still picking up direct debits

frustrated22
4: Newbie

Summary:

-I took out a contract for a 4G dongle at a shop in Kingston KT3 back in October 2018

-I tried the dongle at home, but did not get a good signal

-therefore, Within a few days I returned to the shop and returned all the equipment (still October 2018)

-a few months later, i noticed that Direct debits were still being taken from my account, so I went back to the store, -spoke to the manager, and he said "yep, don't worry about it, you should get money back"

- I recently (Fenraury 2021 - yes 29 months later. I have 1000's of line items on my bank account) noticed (due to end of year accounting) that the DDs were still being taken by VF for a dongle that I returned back to the shop

- I rang the Vodafone chat, and did not pass security questions. They asked for the number, and repeated stated that I do not have a number

- i was given a website https://www.vodafone.co.uk/securityreset - but again it asked for my VF number, and I do not have one, because I returned my equipment , so i find myself in a catch-22 situation.

- i went onto chat again with VF. I asked them to check to see (and confirm) that there has been ZERO data uploaded/downloaded ever - but they can't do that becuase i need to verify my account. 

- I went round and round

-i have tried to cancel my DD with VF, but i need to verify my VF number - but I do not have a number, because I cancelled my contract within a few days of taking it out. so I have been going round and round with this

- today, I notified my bank that I want them to cancel my direct debits, and also request all DDs to be paid back. My bank have supported me. 

- Its only a few hundred pounds over 29 months, but I do not need any hassles with credit companies.

- VF could probably prove/ or show that no data has ever upload/downloaded in 29 months, but  how can i prove that I returned all my equipment back to the shop? I spoke to the manager in good faith?

thank you

Frustrated22

21 REPLIES 21

@Beth wrote:

@frustrated22 I can completely understand that you've already tried these methods before. We wouldn't be able to help you verify this information over the forum, so you would need to contact us again through customer services and attempt to pass security again so we can discuss the account with you.

@Beth,

Once again, thank you for your email. You can see that I have tried to pass security many, many, many times now. And it is impossible, because (I feel like I am repeating myself) I do not have a Vodafone phone number, neither an invoice.  Anybody reading this must think, "this guy is not trying hard enough". I am looking for a solution where someone in your firm can contact me, but nobody has done that. I have tried all channels to contact your business, (please see above).

Yet, VF  still believes that I am under contract, and that contract number end with ****5136. Those are the only 4 digits that I know. How do I know this fact? (again above), because the moment that Visa Direct Debit service returned my direct debits back into my account, I had an email from VF stating that "****5136 contract was owed £633.12

So although VF cannot verify me when I call them, or email them - they have no problem in contacting me through the very channel that they do not believe when demanding money. Can you or anyone not see the irony here?

@Beth wrote:

.....contact us again through customer services and attempt to pass security again so we can discuss the account with you...

@Beth, How can I do this? For the love of oxygen, and repetitive strain injury on my fingers, how can I do this ? What can i do to prove to you the following fact: "This is me. I think, therefore I am".

And an old adage comes to mind......"“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

I hope that there are other people who can find humour in this thread - because I am going mad.

HRH200
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

They have done this to me too. Can get through to them. Their Chatbot isnt even working!! Why do Vodafone continue to do this. I am sure it gives a very distorted picture of their financials They must have huge liability of refundable money taken from peoples bank account - that would know the share price a bit!