Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cant get SMS or get into the web portal

Twonko
4: Newbie

I have a Vodafone 4G router which I am using for mobile broadband and it works well.  I use the mobile broadband app on my iphone and ipad but  I can't get SMS messages or access to the web application using the app.  The screen changes colour and I get a spinning thing forever.  It used to work but it stopped.  I can't get into the router to check settings because I don't know the IP address and it might not help anyway.  I would like the web app to work mainly because I have once more device connected than I thought and thats the only way I can see them.  And who knows, pne day I might even get an SMS from Vodafone that actually matters.  Nor can I see the SIM phone number without the app and trying to get the online so called 'help' desk to unerstand this just makes me want to kill myself.   Any help appreciated.   TIA

14 REPLIES 14

I have a similar problem with my R216.  The device is connected to the internet but the web portal page won’t load in the app or via a browser on either mobile devices or a PC. What’s the solution?

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@pesentis I'm sorry to hear you're facing similar issues with the web portal, I've now sent you a Private Message too so you can get in touch. Please follow the steps included and we'll work on getting this fixed for you as soon as possible. 

Identical problem with web portal application. Tried uninstalling application and using different phone as well. No go. Current version details as below: 

Product nameR216h
Software Version8.3
Web UI Version2.035.8384
Hardware VersionCL1E5573SM14

In following this issue up, Vodafone support eventually said the web browser dashboard interface only worked for contracts and not for pay as you go accounts like mine.

This is strange as the web browser interface used to work with my dongle's PAYG account just fine.  Moreover I can find no mention in their public information that the interface is not available to PAYG customer or has been withdrawn.  When I pointed out the service I'd bought into had been downgraded out I got a legalistic reply to say it hadn't!  This was of couse untrue and wholly unsatifactory.  Clearly it would a waste of my time to pusue further so I haven't.  I just actively don't recommend Vodafone to people.

In summary it's been a poor customer experience.   I expect Vodafone has a lot of internal corporate guff about being customer centric.  This is direct evidence that they aren't!  Look elsewhere.

I was on a contract and it still wouldn’t work.  I only used Vodafone because it was the only carrier I could get a 4g signal with where I was working.    My previous experience with Vodafone has been terrible.  Customer care is unbelievably poor and I cancelled my personal and 8 business contracts with them years ago because of it.  I will never use Vodafone again and will always recommend friends/colleagues to use anyone but Vodafone.  Their share price suggests others also don’t think much of them.