Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Annoying pop up

Bobjay
1: Seeker

Keep getting an annoying popup on a website supposedly from Vodaphone. “  Hello vodaphone customer you’ve been selected to win one of these 3 gifts iPhone X etc etc “ press  OK link to continue.  There’s no OK link only close . It doesn’t close but takes me to another page . I have to delete my cache to try and get on the web page I was visiting again. The popup reappeares again..

Is it a genuine  popup from Vodaphone.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

stonefences
10: Established
10: Established
It's not a Vodafone pop-up. The coe on the webpage you're visiting has identified your service provide as being Vodafone from your IP address. Had you been using the EE network, it would have displayed a "Hello EE Customer..." etc.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Bobjay this doesn't sound like it's anything to do with us I'm afraid. I'd suggest not clicking the pop up as this could take you to a spam page.

My wife and I have started getting these messages since we signed up for Vodafone Broadband. This never happened with our previous supplier, Plusnet, and doesn't hapoen away from home, so this would appear to be a Vodafone problem. Any suggestions how to stop this?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear you're getting these pop ups @Neilmcmurray292, I know personally how frustrating they can be.

The best thing you can do, is to make sure which ever web browser you're using you have an ad blocker installed and activated; to try and keep adverts like this to a minimum.