Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cell tower issues for the last month

lukeb95
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, near the end of November I noticed my 4g wifi speed wasn't as good as it was I checked the network coverage page and noticed the two towers nearest to me had issues it has now been a month and it is still saying these towers are having problems my wifi gets an absolute maximum of 5mb/s sitting mostly between 2-3 when do you think this issue will be resolved? i believe i am only getting a 3g signal as if i set my router to 4g only it doesnt connect at all 

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The Vodafone Social Media Team's can help you via you using the following template to copy and paste your answers in your thread @lukeb95 

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

The following link explains what happens after you do this and  Why can't you give me a timescale on the fix?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

CT21 – Hythe

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? 

we have signal but slow internet speed

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

CT214PD

Cell tower is at TN25 6ED

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

When I put the data sim in my phone I only get 3G signal

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Low speed wifi

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

when the router is set to 4G only it won’t connect to the internet

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Around the 20th of November 2020

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? The internet speed is consistently slower than it was before with highs of 5-6mb/s but mostly about 3mb/s

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @lukeb95 - Thank you for coming that information! I've had a look at our network status checker and can see that there is maintenance in your area on a local mast. If you follow the link and zoom out just a little bit you'll see a mast above you with work being completed. You can set yourself up with alerts via text or email for when the work should be completed.

In the meantime, it might be worth us running through some settings with you to see if you can connect to a different mast. Is your Vodafone SIM in a mobile device or MiFi device? If mobile device, could you confirm the make and model of please?

Hi, 

the sim is in a tp link router the issue is from the vodaphone network status checker the two masts closest to me seem to be down and even those are quite far away 

It might a long shot asking @lukeb95, do you have another mobile data device that you could try the SIM Card in? Mark 

I did try the sim in my phone and had the same results 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for trying @lukeb95. Taking another look at our network checker, it does look like we're still working on the masts in your area. For now, I'd recommend regularly restarting your device to keep the connection as strong as possible. 

Hi I had an email on Thursday saying it was fixed but 10 minutes later a follow up saying it’s not this has happened two or three times now would you have any idea what the issue is and when it will be fixed it’s really quite frustrating 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I understand how frustrating and confusing it must be receiving contradicting information regarding the cell tower

that is undergoing maintenance. After taking another look at our network status checker, it looks like the work on the mast (ID 1329) is taking a little longer than hoped. I can assure you, our teams will be working on getting this resolved as soon as possible.