Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Getting data SIM balance - USB dongle

M0SNR
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I purchased a 24GB  which lasts for 24 months data pack card that I use with a USB dongle for a backup connection should my main broadband go down. 
I inadvertently disconnected the main network before I went away for a few days, so the network was running on the data SIM. 

All I want to do is find out how much data I have available. That's all.

Initially I thought that I'd have it shifted to my main Vodafone account which is business so spoke to an advisor and we couldn't get it shifted across without faffing about with bank statements etc.

So I thought that I'd resister it against another email address but can't because it's now been allocated to another user.

I was informed that I can send a test to 44666 if I put the SIM into another phone but my phones take nano-SIM's but the SIM is full sized. 

I can plug the dongle into my laptop and send SMS but every time I try to send a text to 44666 it fails despite the card having had marketing SMS messages from Vodafone. 

I've spent two hours faffing around - any ideas which SMS number I should be using to check the data allowance?

Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @M0SNR 

Really customer services needs to sort out the email issue you have with allocation etc.

I'm not sure if this will help > https://www.vodafone.co.uk/business/more-uk-data-business-phone 

Text UK DATA BALANCE to 40506 free and we’ll send you a message showing how much UK data you’ve got left to use. "

I appreciate your phone takes a nano sim but the typical advice is to pop the sim into a phone that takes the sim card.

Maybe Vodafone could perform a sim swap in a Vodafone Highstreet Store to move this from the bigger sim to a blank nano sim.

Also it maybe possible to look in the devices dashboard to see how much data has been used, although this is a record of what the device has recorded,  which can slightly differ from what Vodafone records as usage.

A similar thread > Mobile-Broadband/Mobile-Wifi-R219h-check-data-usage. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi Band of Brothers,

Thanks for your reply. 

The easiest thing for me to do is just call up and ask for the data balance. I'm really disappointed that there isn't an easier way of linking the SIM to my account. But outsourcing and cost reduction impacts on customer experience. 

Global Britain, eh?

IMG_6028.jpg

AnnS

Hi @M0SNR 

Looking at your screenshot you are with Optus, you probably have a data plan through the company with Vodafone Australia as the Network.

Unfortunately, this forum is Vodafone UK help and support and won't be able to help but with you being with Optus, you will probably need to speak to them.

I did think your post as quite strange when Vodafone UK don't sell the product you mentioned, and you wouldn't be able to text the short code you have been provided for UK help and support.