Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigacube 192.168.8.1

herosrest
2: Seeker

I was pleasantly surprised with this equipment...... it works and works well in a three storey house. Having found this out with an afternoons testing yesterday it was time to get into some admin and register with MyVodaphone. Things don't change, do they.

So..... cannot register by the various means offered. Order number...... Sim phone number..... error messages. So... OK, try it using the Gigacube rather than exising cable router. No..... OK 192.168.8.1....... requires the password to be changed and I assume that firmware updates and whatever latest flavour of admin security is unleashed and I can do things and register with  My Vodafone with the Cube talking to its servers and happy that the password has been changed. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I do not wish to change the existing password and that seems to be the problem. Again I could be wrong but there is nothing on Earth that is going to induce me to change the factory setting password. From the look of it it is unique anyway but yet again I might be wrong, however, this is an impasse which leaves the router unusable and to my mind (yes, it is tiny) this is crass sillyness of the first order. I do not wish to change the password. In reality, I am not going to. Ever. So...... it's been a short return to Vodaphone unless someone can help me to bypass the matter.

12 REPLIES 12

herosrest

So, the wonderful world of coms wends its weary way onward and upwards with myself unable to register with Vodafone to manage my account, equipment or anything; with service as lacklustre as goldfish dentistry.

A complaint is underway with 48 hours for response before Vodafone's are taken to Court for Judgement in Claim for restitution broad incompetance and taking control of my bank account. Hopefully this shambles of a business will be shut down.

God, i'm tired and tired of this disgrace. 

Corrected.

So, the wonderful world of coms wends its weary way onward and upwards with myself unable to register with Vodafone to manage my account, equipment or anything; with service as lacklustre as goldfish dentistry.

A complaint is underway with 48 hours for response before Vodafone are taken to Court for Judgement in Claim for restitution for their broad incompetance and taking control of my bank account. Hopefully this shambles of a business will be shut down.

12:15 - Router up LD logged on
12:23 - Cannot login to My Vodafone account. Didn't recognise username.
Trying Help desk username advised yesterday. Check email for new password.
12:29 No advice of password reset details.
12:31 Forgotten username - recovery page.

It looks like you have a valid Vodafone mobile or landline number. Please recover your username using this phone number.

12:35 Sorry, there seems to be a problem
You seem to have given us the wrong Email address. Please try again - [Error ref 1a2]

Your PIN was not recognised. Please try again. If this still doesn't work you will need to restart the journey - [Error ref 1a2]

Verify your account

Sorry, there seems to be a problem
You seem to have given us the wrong Email address. Please try again - [Error ref 1a2]

You seem to have given us the wrong memorable phrase. Please try again - [Error ref 1a2]

12:36 NO go - stuck in false security loop.

12:37 - Try login via router manager. http://192.168.8.1/html/quicksetup.html
Incorrect user name or password. Please try again.

Information is on the bottom of the router - quite brilliant thinking to put it there. OK, off to the router.

12:42 - Incorrect user name or password. Please try again.

12:43 Router manager Home page came up but I am not logged in. All activity requires login. Login fails as before.
12:45 The router and account are effectively useless despite being able to transmit and receive data - ie browse the web.

OK....... Update page checked for updates - This version is up-to-date. What version of what is not given. This is engineering admin as insanity. It is crass possum.

33 minutes so far.

ok Log in Forgot password link

If you have not set a password, please check the nameplate. If you have set a password, it is recommended that you first restore factory settings (this may lead to loss of information). and then check the nameplate.
12:52 Log in screen timed out.
12:54 Getting nowhere. Remaining option offered is factory reset. I am not prepared to do this without a guarantee that the router will be replaced if the reset goes wrong. I have no confidence that resetting it will sort out this rubbish.

Email - Fri 21/02/2020 00:16 - Web form acknowledgement (ref: 6440195) Thanks for submitting your complaint form

One of our advisers in the Customer Relations team will be working on your complaint and will respond to you within 48 hours.

We'll complete a full investigation and aim to resolve your issue within 5 working days. If it does take longer, we'll contact you with clear timescales that shouldn't exceed 8 weeks.

Fri 21/02/2020 00:16 - Thank you for your complaint.

Complaint details (1 of 2)

13:00 - As Vodafone are advised, 5 working days and 8 weeks apply only to OFCom and OFT. This matter does not concern them.

45 minutes on this today, so far.

13:06 - The entire 'thing' remains round and hairy. I am considering complaint to the advertising authority about the TV add on at the moment. I have just realised that this is a business aimed at children - that is the entire  ethos of that add. Keep the kids happy - they do not know better. Mushroomology. We all know what happens with mushrooms, right?

13:09 forums out -

Anecdote - 08-29-2005, 07:59 AM - Sysopt

Processing process processor Revelation. - www.sysopt.com/showthread.php?184599-Processing-process-processor-Revelation 

During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear. Some will consider this a message from on high, others will be strapping rubber to walls, the informed will be adjusting stock portfolios, the technical will be agog, warfare will transform and technology in general - progress through the greatest leap ever. l can advise you of the matter but must then kill you. So... consider yourself deceased. rip. Ahem. Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes. Voila. See ya in hell. 

Copy - 

From memory, Dynamic DNS provide CCTV routing for a small annual fee. A record search should hit emails or billing.

The only way to gee up landline would be a Court order on Openreach.

It's easier to do this with Vodafone which is where i'm headed unless they sort out their security issues and service.  The Court of Protection serves Muriel and can make (emergency) Order under current circumstances where the phone and internet providers are so shoddy that we cannot move into an adapted home for.... months to come.

We may have to recover costs from BT if the lease on Malvern Way has to be run on because of Openreach. 

This Country is a shambles. 😏

Bill.

16:00 Let's look at the cause of all this Flubbalub.balilli silliness .... Port forward with the B528...... observations so far. What joy - there is a mobile app so my time can be wasted 24/365. The B528 doesn't port forward according to many in the know but of course this is the many in the know who do not know. It may not be called port forwarding in China, or it may be but doesn't translate well since a bucket can be a well besides its many other uses and understandings. Loosely translated a bucket can get you into enormous trouble if you say it with fingers in your mouth.

So, will it? Will it what? Who is that? erm...... who's that? Oh dear. Yes, darling? Kiss me quick since it may all end in a flash! 

Vodafone on Boards.ie proved useful So yes the B528 Gigacube can Portforward. There are very many reasons why not knowing this should be of concern especially if the router is port forwding and you do not know it. All aboard.

23.10.2018 12:00#7
Avatar for Vodafone: RepsJoin Date: Nov 2016
Hi there,
We just received this from the manufacturer:
Yes there is port forwarding capability on the B528. I had a quick look under security settings and found the settings below.

It is worth noting that most mobile broadband type CPE don’t necessarily have the same feature set as fixed line modems,so its possible not all fixed line type port forwarding scenarios are catered for.
Hopefully this will help.

- Aoife

16:40 - I won't be able to confirm this of course until I can log on to the router and that is pointless until I can log on to the account. I could try using the mobile app but that means going to Google Play or what ever it is called now and that isn't a very good idea these days.

16:42 Coffee break. That's another 42 minutes of this sillyness.

Idle thought. It is amusing that the Gigacubes port forwarding controls are a part of the security settings, if they are. I don't know yet 'cos..... go to start of topic. 

Security settings........... I'm laughing............ still laughing. Someone knew what they were doing and weren't bright enough to cover it up. Yo Momma!

Hmmm...... Hard reset a Huawei router............... This is a joke.