cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I need MiFi/Mobile Broadband for ~2 weeks, what are my options?

Twofatslugs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi! I’m moving house in a few days and have been told me WiFi connection won’t be ready for about 2 weeks after my move-in date. I’ve seen that Vodafone offer an R219 mobile broadband router (that seems to connect up to 10 devices at once) and a 30 day plan for Unlimited Max data. Would this be a good option to use for this short of a timeframe? Normally I’d wait it out, but with working from home etc this isn’t an option.

I’ve had a look at the PAYG option, but that seems far more expensive. Just wondering if anyone has done this, and how has it gone?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Twofatslugs I'd 100% say the 30 day rolling contract for Mobile Broadband would be good for you in this situation! We literally rolled out a product like this for these specific moments, is there anything putting you off from it right now that I can help with? 

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Twofatslugs 

The 30 day rolling contracts are a good idea but being a 30 day contract, will be subject to 30 days notice.  Also, Vodafone will need to do a identity check and you will need a direct debit for payment to be taken.

The benefit of going PAYG is no identity check and if you only need the device for 2 weeks, this may well work out a lot cheaper.

If you are going to be connecting multiple devices, you will need reasonable 4G and it would be worth checking the coverage here:  Network Status Checker