main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Mobile Broadband

Inaccurate mobile data

2: Seeker

I've just spent over 2 hours on chat trying to establish why my remaining data allowance is substantially different to the log on my Gigaset router and the itemised data usage in my online billing account.


According to Vodafone I've used approx 83Gb of my allowance,  However, the itemised usage is showing only 42Gb used.  They are not willing to provide evidence of the usage that they are looking so that I can compare the two.  While I understand that the two may differ slightly, I would not expect to see an almost doubling.


There only response was wait until the bill finally arrives on 22nd July and ask if I wanted to pay extra for more data to be added.  Why should I pay extra when their systems are not accurate!   This has been a dreadful experience and will expect compensation when the final bill shows that I have been left out of pocket with no data.

View more options

@cumulusbookkeep We stand by our usage reports being 100% accurate, the usage is recorded directly from the SIM/Services. Because of this, there's no way usage can be fabricated when billed/removed from the remaining balance. It may be that some of your connected devices have been using more data in the background than reported. Are there any other devices in your household that have a connection to the GigaCube that could be eating into your data? 

View more options
2: Seeker

No that is not the case.




1) On my account billing the current estimated usage, up to and including today, show approx 42Gb used

2) Router is showing approx 100Gb used in 48 days which is from installation

3) Prior bill showed approx 52Gb used


Therefore I could not have used approx 84Gb since 22nd June


Something just doesn't tally here.  Are you really suggesting that your estimated usage from the billing page is not correct and the router isn't logging all data use?


View more options
17: Community Champion

Going from past posts @cumulusbookkeep it is the case that Vodafone cannot fully see whats been used until the bill has been produced hence why they are asking you to wait until then.

They also can only see how much Data has been used,  but not what it's been used for.

Now I fully understand and appreciate what your saying as everything you see is showing one usage amount and Vodafone are stating another amount which I know is frustrating.

If they are wrong then they'll have to address that with you.

I think as customer services and the Vodafone Social Media Teams are stating what they have to you then if this continues to not be showing right in your opinion then the next stage would be the complaints procedure. 

That's in my opinion and I appreciate it's upto you on how you wish to proceed.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 


🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.


Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi @BandOfBrothers


Thank you for your reply.


Sadly no one in the two hours of support chat asked how I've used the data, such that it should rise to the data usage figures being at odds.  Nor can I find anything that explains what can cause this.  Perhaps someone at Vodafone could send me the details or provide a link that points to such terms.


Unless the information is provided I'm in no position to take an informed decision about whether or not to top up the service.  As for waiting until the next bill is concerned to get the detail it is just too late.  This details should just be available.

View more options
2: Seeker



Vodafone I told you through chat and subsequently I told your complaints team that the data usage figure was not correct. In the end your app and support were adamant that I'd used approx 99Gb of data.  However,  I as kept telling you it was about 40Gb less than that.  My position has now been backed up by the itemised bill which shows 57 GB used.  Had I believed the app and the support team I'd have bought extra data I did NOT need.


Vodafone when a customer tells you something is wrong and gives evidence something is wrong then do the right thing and properly investigate it. To say your system is 100% accurate is arrogance.





View more options