Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile broadband constantly dropping

Flo71
2: Seeker

I pay the highest tariff to allow me to stream and download load with no issues however in the past 6 weeks the connection has been intermittently terrible. When I try to watch anything on catch up or love sports it constantly buffers. I have made 2 calls to Vodafone and both times told to reset the mobile wifi box which made no difference. I then filled out a complaints form and was rang by an advisor who has now informed me that there is work going on at the mast and this won’t be finished until start of October. He advised me as I was on a 30 day rolling contract to cancel it !! I told him that this wasn’t possible as it’s my only option at present as I’m away from home with work. He then said once this maintenance is done he would get back to me via phone call and work out how many days I have experienced the issues and refund this for me. When I go onto network checker it tells me everything is working fine so I’m really confused !! I’m also getting really frustrated with the issue and how bad the buffering is now during programmes. I feel like I’m not getting to root of the issue and was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issues . Postcode of Ex8

thanks  

5 REPLIES 5

Andy

Hi @Flo71 so sorry to hear of the issues you have had with your connection, we would be more than happy to look into this further here, could you provide the whole postcode for me, if you would prefer you can add the postcode in the personal details section of your profile.

Hi it’s Ex82dp 

thanks 

Hi Andy my full postcode is Ex8 2Dp . I would appreciate you looking into this as it’s still as bad. Many thanks 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Flo71, thank you for you patience with us! Some of our network systems are being upgraded at the moment, so we're unable to check all maintenance for you currently, we hope they'll be back up and running shortly. I'm very sorry about this.

In the meantime,  could you take the SIM card out of your Mobile WiFI device and try it in a phone and see if the signal issue persists?

dani22

unfortunate that this happens. Apparently you've already tried several things but nothing works, which makes me think that it might be a coverage problem in your area. You say it's your only option. Is the signal from other operators in your area not getting well? Sometimes the only solution in these cases is to buy a booster, either with Vodafone or with an external provider. A friend bought one of these devices at home and it has done very well with the Vodafone signal. This is the page that I recommend www.amplificadordesenal.es