Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Only getting 3g connection

Maksimm415
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I bought a 16gb 30day eu sum card in Greece at a vodofone store. The representative put in the SIM card and it said 3g connection. I asked him why it wasn’t 4g and he said that it would take an hour. It has been a day and I still only have 3g connection. Can someone help me resolve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

MarkD

Hi @Maksimm415, it could be worth checking that the device you're using is setup for 4G and no maintenance is happening in the area. If this is all looking good, you'll have to contact Vodafone Greece to check the account and go over some troubleshooting. The contact details can be found on their website here.

Yes my device is compatible with 4g as I’ve used 4g in the other countries that I’ve visited. I have a feeling I was sold a 3gb SIM card. Do you know if there is a way to check using the SIM card number? 

The Vodafone Greece team can certainly check this for you, they'll be able to access your account and see what plan is attached to your SIM Card. We wouldn't be able to access this information on the Vodafone UK channels.