Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R212 Firmware Upgrade

middletg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Could someone please tell me where I can get the firmware upgrade for the R212.  I bought an R212 a couple of days ago to replace an old 3G MiFi that I had as we now have 4G coverage in our area.  While I get good download speeds of 30Mbs from 3 out of 5 bars on 4G, surfing the web is painfully slow as the browser (Chrome) constantly says Resolving Host... which I assume means it is doing a DNS lookup.  My diagnostics are:

Product nameR212-Z
Software VersionBD_R212V3.1
Web UI Version2.008.5513
Hardware VersionVer.B(T3)

I am hoping the 3.5 firmware upgrade will help resolve this.  Could someone please let me know where I can download this from and how to install it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to factory reset the device, then it wil see it. I had the same problem :Smiling:

View solution in original position

218 REPLIES 218

Hi howardjeffery1 and garethdenzil,

Please get in touch here to send us your details, so we can request this for you.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi Gemma,

Did you get my message? Can you send me over the firmware please.

Many Thanks

Gareth

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Garethdenzil - did you receive an automatic acknowledgement by email confirming that your message has been received?

PWIAC

Yes I did, I just haven't heard back yet.

drey_p

@garethdenzil wrote:

Yes I did, I just haven't heard back yet.

As you would have seen from the message, it will take about 48 hours for the eForum Team to respond. Please post the reference number received in the automated reply back here so that the eForum Team can trace your message.  The reference number will look something like this: [#7123456]

PWIAC

I got a response with a link, the link just seems to take me back to the standard vodafone business site and is encouraging me to download the mobile broadband software, not the firmware for the R212;

https://www.business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/laptop_connectivity...

The only type of reference in any of the emails is WRT165, not sire this is a reference.

Just spoke to techincal support for an hour and they don't understand what firmware is either, keep trying to get me to doanload the mobile broadband software.

Can anyone help me I am desperate? 

Thanks

JAMES, CAN YOU SEND ME THE NEW FIRMWARE, I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE.

THANKS

Hi,

Can you send me a copy, I have the same issue and have been trying to get hold of the new firmware on another thread for over a week :Sad_face:

Thanks

Can you send this to me please?

Thanks

drey_p

Please could you stop posting all over the forum about the firmware you require.  All you are doing is making it difficult to respond to other people's posts and also will be slowing down the response time for yourself and everyone else. 

One of the eForum Team will need to see what else can be done for you and will respond in due course.

PWIAC