Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R219H MiFi Expectations

Marcus-K
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have today received my R219H MiFi hub and begun testing.

A couple of quick questions before I send it back.

1 - is there ay sort of learning or training phase, is this performance likely to improve?

2 - Why would the upload performance be greater than the download performance?

I've tried the hub in a fe3w locations around the home and have also tried multiple devices, the speeds shown below are representative for all tests I've run.

Thanks.

Screenshot 2021-05-06 161259.png

13 REPLIES 13

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

what on earth is the point in that checker 

4g download speed 3mb to 60mb

3g download speed 1mb to 22mb 

you might have well said your new device will work or may not work 

Indeed, and it basically didn't work.

I liked the mention of the disclaimer, 6 pages of marketing claims ending with a single line effectively saying 'none of this might be true of course'.

Anyway, it's going back as I've tested a different network where my signal works better, still nothing close to their claims either however.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Marcus-K  OK and all the best.

@gipjon the Status Checker is in place to help both a new possible Vodafone subscribers to it's services get a handle on what Vodafone may have to offer and also provide useful information such as mast issues and planned coverage to new and existing customers as a tool.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I understand the idea of the checker and i understand you are trying to help the customers but 4g is between 3mb and 60mb what use is that to a customer to help them decide if the unit is for them . That would be like buying a new electric car . The advert read max speed varies between 3mph and 60mph . You need the car to do a lot of miles on the bypass at 50mph . Would you buy the car with the information you have . The simple answer is no . This sales info is wasting customers time and is creating more unhappy customers and adding them to the list . The national Vodafone's average 4G download speed is 22.4Mbps. Which means the average customer will get between 10mb and 30mb download 

I also ran that checker and got the exactly same speed reported . Does that also mean every one get the same info