Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Registering for myvodaphone

mytel
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Please could someone help me as I am having a Nightmare signing up to myvodaphone as I want to keep a check on the usage of the Pay as you go Data Sim in my dongle

The problem that I'm having is getting the Security Code, as when I enter the Number of the Sim that's in the dongle, it 'apparently' sends the Code to that number which I obviously cannot access because its in the dongle

I have asked them to send the Security Code to my Mobile Phone but apparently they can't do that, so I'm just going round in circles and 'Chat' can't seem to help me

Anyone else got this problem or is it just me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ann

Well done, I think you've Cracked it!

As I've lost count of the times I've been in Chat with Vodafone, where it would seem that no one was able to help me with what I thought was a very simple request 'How do I log in to myvodafone'

Since leaving my Cable Company, I got myself a 'dongle' just to try out Mobile Broadband on Pay as you go before signing up for a Contract just in case it didn't work for me

Where after getting no where I think you have identified the Problem which is not having a Contract as I am on Pay as you go and didn't receive any Pop Ups

If only someone from Vodafone had told me this before but there you go

As for the Dongle its working fine and I am getting Full Coverage with all of the Bars, so now you've answered my question, my only problem now is wondering what to do with the £650 per year that I've saved!

Thanks Again

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

HI @mytel 

The security code will be sent to the device as a pop up messages.  There is further information here: Security Code 

If you cannot put your dongle SIM in a phone to receive the code, please contact Vodafone using live chat or by calling, they will help.  Alternatively, follow this link: Contact Us 

When you have logged in, it would be worth adding an alternative number to receive the code for account management, this will save you a lot of trouble receiving the pop up message.

Hi I am getting nowhere with this, I contacted customer services via 'Chat' and they gave me my SBL order number but when I input this I'm told that its not the right number!

How could anything so simple be so complicated and I've also phoned the help numbers but they haven't helped me at all!

Anyone else got this problem?

Also I cannot Log in because I cannot register!

Any ideas?

BandOfBrothers

Hi @mytel 

I would think that the Vodafone Social Media Teams should be able to help you further with this.

The myvodafone application is a good useful tool.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

They will help you.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @mytel 

The My Vodafone Application is certainly a useful application but only available to download for a phone contract, it wouldn't be available for mobile broadband, you would only be able to have access to an online account.

I am wondering if the reason you are unable to receive the pop up message is due to the SIM not being activated, the SIM will activate when it makes a connection to the network. There is further information on getting started with mobile broadband here:  Getting Started with mobile broadband 

I have left a link to contact the Social Media Team in my first reply, they will be able to make sure your device is set up to receive the code.  For security reasons the code has to be sent to the device being registered.

Hi Ann

Well done, I think you've Cracked it!

As I've lost count of the times I've been in Chat with Vodafone, where it would seem that no one was able to help me with what I thought was a very simple request 'How do I log in to myvodafone'

Since leaving my Cable Company, I got myself a 'dongle' just to try out Mobile Broadband on Pay as you go before signing up for a Contract just in case it didn't work for me

Where after getting no where I think you have identified the Problem which is not having a Contract as I am on Pay as you go and didn't receive any Pop Ups

If only someone from Vodafone had told me this before but there you go

As for the Dongle its working fine and I am getting Full Coverage with all of the Bars, so now you've answered my question, my only problem now is wondering what to do with the £650 per year that I've saved!

Thanks Again