Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow Gigacube Speeds

Truckspin
2: Seeker

Ive had my Gigacube for just over 6 months, the same story worked fine for the first 3 - 4 months and then for the last 2 months speeds have been very slow, down to around 1mb with upload around 5mb (Slow speeds started before lockdown).

Contacted customer service via Twitter and was advised there was a technical issue with the mast, engineer booked for repair 24th June, nearly a week now and speeds are still dreadful.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Truckspin 

I appreciate how frustrating it is when things don't work as they should which hinders the surfing experience etc.

It can take a few days for a mast to fully settle down after repair or maintenance work.

May I ask have you checked the Vodafone status-checker to see if your local and surrounding masts are showing as OK?

Also please do tweet again to the Vodafone Social Media Teams to ask for further assistance.

This was a recent similar thread that also holds the Vodafone Template.

Gigacube-doesn-t-preform-as-Vodafone-keeps-claiming-it-should. 

I hope your speeds improve ASAP so you can get back to enjoying the service.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have checked the status of the mast and has been OK throughout my problem. The automated responses from Vodafone on social media are pretty worthless when i'm looking for detailed information. 

Have moved the Gigacube into different locations

Have tried a reset

Cant try alternative device as I don't have a unlocked device for vodafone

Postcode - SA625RD

Thanks,

Tom

BandOfBrothers

Hi Tom.

The Social Media Teams via Facebook and Twitter are the same teams that help on the forum.

They are usually very helpful in getting things done @Truckspin 

What can happen is a person reaches out on Social Media and they get a first automated help response and then the Teams start investigating if you reply / tweet again advising the issue remains.

It would however been beneficial if you could try your sim card in another device.

I assune no-one you know has such a phone etc ?

🌈Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for replying Band of Brothers,

No I dont know anyone with a vodafone contract. I live in the middle of knowhere hence the gigacube.

I will try and contact them via social media again and see if i get anywhere. Hoping someone will see this on here and can check the status of the mast for me!

Thanks

T

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Truckspin As @BandOfBrothers has mentioned we're the same team 😊 I can see we've received a message from a username similar to yours with the same query. I've just sent a response to this to get a few more details from yourself - if you reply back to my message we'll take a closer look into your Gigacube speeds 👍

Ribena_07

I've got exactly the same problem