cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When does the 15DAYEUROPE Roaming Pass activate?

patrickc6578
2: Seeker

Hello.

I’m travelling with a friend later this month to a few destinations in Europe. All of our destinations are covered under Zone B of Vodafone’s policy. I’ll be needing data when I’m abroad and we are going for about 2 weeks so the 15DAYEUROPE pass seemed fitting. However, I’m unsure whether the pass activates upon purchase or whenever I enter the EU (when my phone picks up a EU mass) and I would like clarification on this as the internet is telling me two different things.

Thanks,

Patrick

3 REPLIES 3

Lee_Paul
4: Newbie

Hi Patrick, 

I have recently been to the EU and can confirm it won't activate until you arrive in your EU country and it connects to the EU mast. 

Go ahead and purchase the pass now. It will just sit on your account until you arrive and it automatically activates. 

Have a good holiday, all the best 

Lee

patrickc6578

Hello. I’m a pay monthly customer who is looking to purchase the 15DAYEUROPE pass for when I go travelling in Europe soon. I have seen on websites that once the pass activates when it picks up a European mast. Is this true? Also, do I only turn data roaming when I enter the EU from the UK? Thanks 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @patrickc6578, you can add the pass to your number at any time and it doesn't start being used until you connect to a mast in an EU country. It won't force you to connect to an EU mast as soon as it's added. As most mobile network masts have a range of 2-3 miles, this wouldn't be possible.  I recently used one of the EU passes. I added it to my number the day before travelling, it activated when I landed in Paris and kept me connected throughout my trip. But you can add it whenever you're ready, as long as it's done before you travel, you won't have any issues 😊