main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Mobile Broadband

WiFi hotspot

Highlighted
1: Seeker

I have an iPad and want to connect it to a wireless printer. At the moment I only have mobile data, would the Vodafone r219 mobile WiFi hotspot do the job of giving me WiFi? Also could it give me WiFi on my windows 7 laptop?

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Geeg 

You won't have any problems connecting your printer to the R219 mobile hotspot device but not sure about connecting the printer to the ipad but it's certainly something to try.  Please see the link below, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you will see you are able to connect up to ten devices:  Vodafone R219 mobile hotspot 

There is also additional information from device support on the following link but although can find the R218 the R219 does not appear to be listed: Device Support 

Please also see this link: How do I use a personal hotspot to share my device’s data connection? 

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Geeg 

Last time i looked Apple have.....

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. 

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch which I appreciate isn't exactly what your looking for.

I'd certainly promote a Google Search and have a look on the Apple Official Forum too.

Your windows Laptop will need WiFi turning On and then it should then automatically pick up the connection for you to then accept.

On a side note When using a Hotspot / WiFi connection please take into consideration that a data allowance can be used faster as some devices can access more feature rich pages and can be used faster as the device connected to works in the background updating itself etc.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options