Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

"My Vodafone"" is showing the wrong account number

OldGoat
4: Newbie

Today (2nd July 2019) Voda help line corrected my account and other details after 2 hours on online chat. Later I checked in and found a completely different account number wqith no credit etc etc. 

The call lines are now blocked (ultra busy) - I guess other are having the same issues...

(I blame SAP)

1 REPLY 1

OldGoat
4: Newbie

I try to be fair when making complaints - over the years that I have used Vodafone services there have been many time that I would liked to have thrown a figurative brick  at the Newbury (wish the town could spell its name correctly) headquarters.  Over this weekend the online account system has been in complete meltdown - that fact can be seen through the time the system takes to load, access and respond. In addition the chat system was similarly inundated with queries.

Yesterday one of my accounts reappeared for a short while with a different account number.

online chat system fixed it (afrer repeadely going through caller verification procedures).

Two hours later it reappeared with different 'blank' acount number.

This morning (Wednesday 3rd July) another new account number appeared - but with an internal reference to the original account number - so that most of my  benefits have been restored. (Hooray!!) Long may it remain stable -hmmmm.

Looking through all the different panes it appears to me that there has been quite a major system upgrade whch has separated one's base account to the various sub systems account (i.e. A high level account number whch then points to the accounts for a specific device or device type).  Thus  linking  pages which are specific to that service type 

The point of this message is that - for Vodafone -

If you are going to have a major realignment of facilities

Tell your STAFF

Tell the CUSTOMERS 

and IN ADVANCE

even if you don't care what happens to customer relations......

It's so silly, when your stuff works it's OK or even good and the prices are competitive.

Treating the customer base with utter comtempt will ultimately come home to roost.

Such a shame.....