Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G not working contract service

Newbury
2: Seeker

My daughter is in Copenhagen and her 4G has stopped working, she is on Vodafone contract

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Your Daughter can roam on any network where she can get a connection @Newbury .  Ask her to go into her connection settings and complete a network scan, she will get a list of available networks.

Denmark are very proud of the mobile networks and she should be getting VoLTE 4G calling as well as 5G network.

Roaming depends on the plan she is on there is further information here Roaming Chare Checker As you can see data is limited to 25GB during a 30 day period.

Jason

Hi @Newbury. It's disappointing to see your post. We understand the importance of keeping connected abroad. Although we don't have access to your daughter's account via the Community, here are the recommended checks: 

- Roaming Charge Checker tool online (To check if Denmark is included in their plan)

- Roaming bars (Turn off any active roaming bars in the My Vodafone account so that they can still use their data and other services while they're away)

- Spend Manager (If their limit is set to £0 they won’t be able to roam in destinations that aren’t included in their plan)

Network selection (Make sure to check that the correct network in Denmark is selected, as your daughter may be connecting to the incorrect roaming network)

If you do require further assistance, please reach out to our Social Media team. If the account is registered in your daughters name, we will need them to reach out via their own social media profile. Alternatively, we do have a Customer Care team available via Live Chat online and over the phone on 0333 304 0191 (from abroad, call +44 7836 191 191 (free from a Vodafone mobile). 

AnnS

@Jason 

You have mixed up the location in your network selection paragraph.  @Newbury is asking about Denmark and it's her Daughter who is having problems with the 4G network.

Whoops! Good eye. I definitely must have Spain on the brain 😎☀️

Hi @finndennis Thanks for your post. We appreciate it's important to stay connected whilst travelling so we know this must frustrating. Although we work try to use the best connection, we can't a guarantee the quality of a foreign network from Vodafone UK. That being said, you may be benefit from trying a manual roam. Generally speaking you can take the following steps:

Find your network selection in your Settings
Turn off Automatic
Select a different carrier

You can find more specific Network Selections steps in our device guide. If you still need help, please feel free to drop our Social Media team a message. 

finndennis

We are on holiday in Denmark and I understand that I have to pay to get data.  However, Vodafone seems to have an extremely poor service and sometimes I get as little as 5 mins a day, most days I get nothing, even in the second largest city in Denmark, Aarhus, I had no date service.  And then I was in the middle of a lake on a boat today and had 4G for several hours.  I have also tried to register for the 15 day European tariff but the number I am told to text it to just tells me it does not understand the message.   This is so miserable not being able to go for a run without working out where I am, looking up stuff when I'm in a city, getting any apps to work, contact my family via text or WhatsApp.   I will be extremely cross if I am charged £2 a day whilst I am here for such a terrible service.  The rest of my family are on O2 and have had 4G and 5G 24hrs a day.