Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G signal on Nokia 105

Birdie42
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had an old Nokia 1600 phone which suddenly refused to give me a signal in my home, but signal was fine when greater than 20 metres from my house.  Vodafone blamed my old phone, so I  bought a new Nokia 105.  I had to buy a £10 bundle with it, so got a new phone number.  I wanted to keep my old number plus the balance ££.  I went to the Vodafone shop and they transferred my old number and gave me a new sim.  The Nokia 105 has slots for two sims, so now I have two phone numbers.  My query is this:  The 4G phone signal is fine on SIM2 (which is the new number) but the SIM1 signal isn't very good in my house.  I cannot understand why, with two brand new SIM cards, one number gets a good 4G signal and the other does not.  Is it something to do with my old phone number?  Vodafone people in shop draw a blank.  Did I really go to the trouble of buying a new phone for nothing?  Suggestions welcome.  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

What happens when you remove the first SIM @Birdie42 ?  Do you still get the same good 4G reception?

Having mentioned that if the SIM fitted you should have been able to use the original SIM in the new phone, otherwise the store should have transferred your original number to the new SIM.

According to the Nokia 105 specifications on GSM arena GSM arena the 105 is GSM only and you would have been unable to receive 4G reception on the phone and that may be the cause of the issue.  

"the store should have transferred your original number to the new SIM."

Yes, the store gave me a brand new SIM card with my old number and correct ££ balance.  But it doesn't get as good a signal as the SIM that came with the phone.

"According to the Nokia 105 specifications on GSM arena GSM arena the 105 is GSM only and you would have been unable to receive 4G reception on the phone and that may be the cause of the issue. "

I bought this phone only 2 weeks ago, on the Vodafone website.  The specs say it is 4G. https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/phones/pay-as-you-go/nokia/105

My old Nokia 1600 was GSM-only.  The store said it should still work as GSM wasn't being switched off.  But it didn't work at my home address, only when I was greater than 20 metres away from home.  Everywhere else, it was fine.

So neither phone gets a good signal at my house.  It has worked fine for the last 15 years, so why no signal now is beyond me, and the Vodafone store guys don't know either.

AnnS

A misunderstanding on the device you were using @Birdie42 .

If Vodafone moved the number to a new SIM this would have been to a plain blank numberless SIM and the original SIM would have stopped working.

Check out this thread complete the template and copy and paste the results back on the thread to provide an example of your network issue for the Social Team to go on, they will be straight back to you Network Issues