Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

CV10 - not receiving calls.

eezyrider
4: Newbie

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes

2) What is the full postcode 

CV108JF

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Have 2 phones, different numbers both on VF. 

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Not receiving incoming calls.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

4G. Have changed to 3G and problem is no better.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

2 or 3 weeks ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.

According to a thread I posted on local media other users are having the same problem. Switching my phone off and following alternative network protocol does not help.

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Using the Vodafone Status-checker to check your postcode and zooming out to check surrounding masts no issues appear to present themselves.

I know you've tried switching to 3G but what happens if you try switching to 2G @eezyrider 

Now you have provided the Vodafone Template answers the Vodafone Social Media Team's here can forward this onto their networking department to be looked at too.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Not impressed! Over a week and still no response.

Will be looking to end contracts if VF can't provide a service.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@eezyrider Is this issue consistent with 'both' Vodafone lines you own? 

Yes both phones have problems and also my brother's phone, he lives 50 metres away and is on VF.

My phone appears to have improved slightly and on 3g/2g signal is around 87dbs. Last couple of weeks signal on both phones was 113 to 117dbs mostly and and rarely went down to 100.

Well this thread died a death.........

We have had the odd good days where signal strength has been at around 69dbs but mostly it is over 100dbs.

I've lived at this address for 15 years and signal strength has always been good - what has changed? 

I should have added there have been no new buildings or anything nearby. The only thing that has changed is a neighbour has cut down a row of 20-30 foot trees.

Hi @eezyrider 👋 I have checked the masts in your local area and they look to be running normally, I can see however your location is on edge of where it becomes a little more patchy in terms of coverage, however as you have said your coverage was fine before this is something we can get our network team to look into, so that we can look at raising a case with them could you contact our social team on this link and we can take a closer look at this.

Andy

Thanks for your reply

applezop
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When this feature is on, you won't receive any notifications, including incoming calls. Also, check that Do Not Disturb is not set to turn on automatically at certain times of day by going to Settings > Sounds > Do Not Disturb > Turn on automatically.  tomzpot mdro.fun/mobdro/