Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Coverage checking map inaccurate

DTRDN
2: Seeker

Why does your coverage checker claim you provide a service that is good in areas that you cannot connect calls or access data? Your signal is getting progressively worse for all Vodafone customers I’ve spoken with, yet you just direct us to your false coverage checking map.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I’m not sure what all that means, all I know is everyone I know on  Vodafone has been suffering from slower data and poor phone reception.  The entire service  has been depreciating over the last year or so.   Calls regularly cut out. I don’t want to have to keep fiddling with settings or changing this and that, I just want to make and receive  phone calls which don’t continually cut out.

Vodafone seem to have made one upgrade to their system,  in the past when you were in a signal dead spot, unable to make any calls,  the phone would show no signal,   Now, even when the phone is unable to connect, or has no access to data, the little logo on the screen still shows bars of signal ir the 4G icon!.  
 How about they actually provide the service we pay for, instead of just giving silly advice, showing immaculate maps and  even making our phones lie to us!  

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

Thomas_H

If you're unhappy with the speeds you're getting we could investigate to see if there's anything we can do. Please contact my team - you can find out how through this link https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/About-the-Community/Contact-us-about-account-related-queries/td-p/27...

I appreciate the offfer. But I wasted an hour of my life couple weeks ago, going through every setting on  my phone with a lady from Vodafone,  there was a lot of turning I off and on again and at one point she even disconnected me from your network your end.  I played along, did everything  I was told, and sure enough, made no difference. It isn’t just my phone. Two of my kids are on Vodafone, as are numerous friends, neighbours, colleagues, all experiencing the same regular lack of service.  
To add insult to injury, we have all been noticing that more and more regularly, despite having no connection for phone calls or messages, devices registered to your network show the 4G logo and bars of reception.

can you see  the frustration caused being a Vodafone customer,  whilst stood in an are, which your network displays as having great connectivity, inside and out, and seeing full bars of signal and the little aG icon proudly on display,  I still can’t make or receive calls or access any data.’, 

japitts
8: Helper
8: Helper

Data speeds are dictated by spectrum & capacity. Neither are predicted by the coverage map, which gives a computer-prediction of coverage quality.

Thus poor data speeds are not measured by the webtool. Problems connecting calls, should be a rarity even when data is slow. Are you using VoLTE when calls don't connect?

I’m not sure what all that means, all I know is everyone I know on  Vodafone has been suffering from slower data and poor phone reception.  The entire service  has been depreciating over the last year or so.   Calls regularly cut out. I don’t want to have to keep fiddling with settings or changing this and that, I just want to make and receive  phone calls which don’t continually cut out.

Vodafone seem to have made one upgrade to their system,  in the past when you were in a signal dead spot, unable to make any calls,  the phone would show no signal,   Now, even when the phone is unable to connect, or has no access to data, the little logo on the screen still shows bars of signal ir the 4G icon!.  
 How about they actually provide the service we pay for, instead of just giving silly advice, showing immaculate maps and  even making our phones lie to us!  

rg85

Hi

Really sorry if this is the wrong place. I’m new and can’t navigate this forum very easily. 
I have looked on the Vodafone status and it says no issues. There are issues. I’m getting “EDGE” only and it was 4G full bars with seriously fast speeds 2 days ago. This has been on EDGE for 2 days now. Others on Vodafone also experiencing the same. 
I’ve put my postcode in and apparently all is well. No alerts or anything. Thankfully I have a dual SIM so relying on EE at the moment but I’d like to use the data I pay for with VOXI?

@rg85 wrote:

There are issues. I’m getting “EDGE” only and it was 4G full bars with seriously fast speeds 2 days ago. This has been on EDGE for 2 days now. Others on Vodafone also experiencing the same.

Does the selection of radio technology (2G, 4G, whatever "G") correct itself with a toggle of flight mode? How about making and terminating a call?

I’m afraid not. There is a major outage in the Essex area. But Vodafone/Voxi are oblivious to it and keep telling people to do things that simply won’t help as it’s an issue their end. 

Calls work. It’s a full signal. Just “E”/“EDGE”. 

the coverage issues by Holloway university have been ongoing for months and yet the checker and customer services maintain no issues!  So why will no one’s phone work here then??? 

The fact that it still displays the 4G  icon on all our screens whilst not being able to access any data in about half a square mile radius is just insulting