Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Local Mast Failing daily

Spendare
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am subscribed to NSC updates and am getting daily alerts to say the local mast is faulty, then fixed, then faulty again.  Our signal has never been great as we're in a very rural area but most of the time we either get no signal at all now or 2g with no data.

It is very frustrating not knowing whether we'll get signal one hour to the next - at the moment we also have a MSO with OpenReach so have no broadband or copper lines.

Every time I call to get more info on when the mast will be sorted, I get blocked speaking to a human.

How can I get further details on when the local mast will be properly fixed and we can get consistent signal?

Our local mast is located at BH21 7EP

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Spendare 

I would suggest using the template on the following help support link and paste it back here with your answers so the Vodafone Social Media Team's can take a.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandofBrothers - Thanks

Post Title: BH21 - Horton, Dorset

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes just at home - need to travel around 1Km to top of a hill to pick up signal from another mast

2) What is the full postcode - BH21 7HN

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? - Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Either no signal at all, when we do get a signal it's just "E" but not getting any data through this, e.g. only SMS message come through, no What's app, emails etc.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

- All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

- It has been happening on and off for several months

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you very much for getting back to us with these details @Spendare, looking at the postcode you provided for us, it looks like the general 3G and 4G coverage is quite limited there. I can also see that we're currently working on the 2G signal in the area, which is the strongest available signal in the postcode in question. You can register to be updated once the work our engineers are doing is complete on our network status checker here.

Hi - I am registered on NSC for updates - In the last 10 days I've been told there's a problem / it's been fixed 15 times!

I get a message to say there's a problem, then told it's fixed, then another to say there's a problem again - all within the space of a day.

This would suggest it's not getting fixed properly.

I accept we have bad signal in our area and wouldn't normally worry too much (using Wifi Calling instead) however our broadband has been down for 10 days now so we're much more reliant on some sort of mobile signal.  I'd therefore like further details on when this will be properly fixed.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear that the updates haven't been reflecting what's going on in your area @Spendare. We'd be happy to help you investigate - we'll need some additional information from you to help us raise a new case to our engineers. So we can get the ball rolling on this, please drop us a message via Twitter or Facebook here if things don't improve after the next update you receive from us 👍