Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mast near tq73se

PieterMeijer
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Good evening,

There is a new mast which has been put up about 3 months ago I would guess which is shared with the o2 network and Vodafone but I believe it is headed by Vodafone. 

I was wondering when this will be made online as it appears to be a complete site except that it is not on

IMG20210801175823.jpg

IMG20210801180013.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @PieterMeijer 

I've used this link to look at cell towers before > cellmapper.  

If you also put your postcode into a Google Search for cell towers that may bring up further information.

Vodafone's own Mast Checker brings up what you should expect to receive in regards to connection but is for indication only > status-checker. 

The Vodafone Social Media Team's will reach your post and also should be able to check the mast site for you too.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Dear Band of Brothers,

Thank you for your response!

I used the link you mentioned and unfortunately it doesn't show the site at all! 

Please see the attached screenshot. 

Purple is a village called Malborough, and to the left of it near the post office is this new site! - very excited and hoping it will be 4g enabled as my current bt offering is 1mbps copper wire! As a Vodafone shareholder myself I am hoping to rather pay a company which I believe in ! 

Fingerscrossed Vodafone team can provide more info on the site.

Best

Pieter

Screenshot_2021-08-07-23-14-55-38_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there @PieterMeijer - I have checked the site ID (No. 12869) and it is currently live with 2G, 3G and 4G cells. If you'd like me to check that this is the correct mast, could you pass over your postcode please? If you would prefer to not have this posted publicly please add it to your forum profile instead 🙂

Hi Evie,

I'm very surprised you say it's online as it's brand new and nobody seems to get signal from it.

My postcode is tq73dl but the mast it self is in the village near by at tq73se 

Please see the photo attached on Google maps with the exact location.

Thank you very much for the fast response!

Screenshot_2021-08-07-23-12-01-94_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg

Something i forgot to mention,

As I thought the number on the cabinet is the site number I discussed this with someone who said this belongs to a site in Exeter which is very far away from here!

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you so much for you getting back to us with these details @PieterMeijer. It does appear that site in we looked at is located in a town called North Tawton which is near Exeter. This would mean that number on the box in the picture isn't the number of the site unfortunately.

Based on the information available to us,  the postcode TQ7 3DL connects to the site - No.10187. 
I've also done some further digging and I'm really sorry but we don't currently have any details regarding the new mast in the TQ
7 3SE area. 
Once more information does become available though, you'll be able to stay updated by keeping an eye on our network status checker here

Hi @Farai

That is unfortunate, the number on that box is what I thought might be the site number too I guess it has been repurposed from the site in Exeter.

Unfortunately we have 0 connection from site 10187, and haven't had signal until very recently from a temporary EE mast set up for Phillip Jansen's holiday in salcombe (every year)  - I talked to EE and BT and this site is now offline as he is back in the office.... Very convenient.

Unfortunately that cell mapper is notoriously rarely updated but I guess I don't have any other option!

Really hoping it will be up and running soon. Do you have any idea what timeline is usual from mast being put up to equipment being online?

I am on EE'S case for the mast very near to your mast and naturally would like to avoid signing any contract with them for the life of me as they have left this area neglected for the last 2 decades.

Thanks alot

Best regards

Pieter

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Unfortunately it's really difficult to provide a timeframe as each situation would be unique. We would hate to provide you with the wrong information @PieterMeijer. I'm really sorry I haven't been more helpful with this. 

We're always working on improving the quality of our network so I really hope the mast in your area will be live soon and your service will live up to your expectations. In the meantime, you may consider using Wi-Fi calling as an alternative if you don't already use it. You can find out more about this here  
Looking at the coverage in your postcode I can also see that there is some 2G coverage, you could also try switching your device to 2G only to maintain a stable connection to the network.