Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No 4G signal after device upgrade

smccran
4: Newbie

Hi all,

I'm wondering if I'm having an issue with my network settings or sim card. I've just upgraded from a Pixel 3XL to a Pixel 5, and haven't had any signal faster than H on it. 

When I check the signal on the VF tracker it shows that I'm in a 4G area, but the device seems to be connecting to the 3G network over the 4G.

Is this a setting I can check on the account?

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Do you not get a 4G type connection anywhere you go ?

Trying elsewhere away from the masts your currently latched to helps to rule out your local masts at issue. Mast congestion can play a part too where lots of people are accessing the same masts.

Try a soft reboot by turning your phone Off and On.

Also try connecting to another network in your phone's connection settings and then re choose Vodafone.

Vodafone have a help thread here with an included template here … Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

You can ask customer services via Live Chat or 191 or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to check your account to ensure 4G is still provisioned on your account after the upgrade.

If you perform a forum search you'll see that some people have had to contact customer services to get 4G turned On. 

Also you could ask them to reset your account to try and kick start 4G.

Sometimes trying your your sim card in another phone can help rule out the phone at issue or the sim card.

Check 4G is selected still in your phone's connection settings..

deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/google/pixel-5-android-11-0 

• Go to the Start screen.
  • To open the menu, swipe up on the screen.
  • Choose Network and Internet.
  • Choose Mobile network.
  • Choose Settings
  • Choose Preferred network type.
  • Tick LTE.

A sim card can be replaced via a sim swap but you'll need a Blank Sim Card sent to you via customer services or by visiting a Vodafone Highstreet Store with identification when they are open as the Lockdown restrictions lift.

Vodafone simswap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.