Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Our site is blocked

jbp
1: Seeker

Hello, 

We're operating a decentralized storage service, www.akord.com, serving data through our gateway at akrd.net

Recently someone managed to evade our security for malware and upload malicious content to a public drive. We have removed the content and subsequently upgraded the security measures in place.

We're now unblocked from Google but we've had customers report that Vodafone Secure net is still blocking akrd.net content. Could you investigate and unblock us? If there's anything you need please let me know. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Effie

Hey @jbp I hope you're doing well! I've raised a reclassification case for you now. As soon as we have an update from the team, we'll let you know here. 

Jason

Hi @jbp. Thanks for your patience. Our Network team have reviewed our request. From the initial report, we raised the URL www.akord.com as being blocked, however the team have read through this forum and think this was for the back-end URL www.akrd.net, which on a working connection just gives a 403 access forbidden page. www.akord.com works as normal from any Vodafone mobile. The team think you're using a header check with www.akrd.net to make sure users come from one URL to the other, so the team can't validate the content. 

Checking akrd.net on VirusTotal, you'll be able to see that 16 security vendors have flagged this URL as malicious. Using Google Transparency Report, the site has been marked as unsafe. Just to ensure we're covering all bases, the URL has also been checked on Blocked. The Network team have advised that many other places don't believe this site to be trustworthy, in addition to not being able to directly validate it means we can't risk some of our vulnerable users.