cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Please help - New phone horrible LTE signal (no 4g anymore)

barnett71
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello people

I have just bought a galaxy s9 to upgrade from my s7 edge

I never had any problems with my s7 edge I always had 4g signal wherever I went but since using the s9 I get LTE and extremely poor signal everywhere I go

I spoke to an advisor and he assured me a new SIM card would solve this problem but it hasnt done a thing

I still only have lte/3g/2g in options of my settings

Ive heard LTE is basically 3g+ so why since moving to a newer phone have a I been downgraded signal? It seems very strange and also very frustrating

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @barnett71 

You won't see 4G in the settings, you will see LTE/3G/2G, LTE is the 4G for transferring data over network, select this and you will be able to access the 4G network for your data use.  See here: What is LTE? 

If you are having problems connecting to the 4G network, follow this link for self help: Network Issues 

It is selected in my settings

I've been to reading,Oxford and Birmingham since I got my phone and I barely get good signal. Even when 'lte' is active it's horribly slow

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now @barnett71. I'd advise completing the below settings:

Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Name > Click the 3 dots in the top right corner > Add > Fill in as below

Name: Vodafone Internet

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk

Username: wap

Password: wap

MCC: 234

MNC: 15

Authentication type: None

APN type: Default

Also, if you check out the link @AnnS has provided for network checks and fill out the template we can check the network in your area for you.

thanks for the reply - I did this yesterday afternoon and still have poor signal everywhere :Sad_face: