Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor signal since 3g switch off

JAMESORCHARD
10: Established
10: Established

Any one else got poor service/signal since 3g switch off? Think vodafone 3g switch off is a step backwards. My s22 ultra is always warm from always searching for signal since 3g switch off! Before I could get a steady 8mbps now I'm either getting nothing or  rarely 150mbps when 5g appears I've got to put my phone on silent at night to stop all the no service notifications 😑 poor show vodafone I'd rather have a reliable signal than this occasionally 1bar 4g or 1bar 5g

99 REPLIES 99

James, if you need a good data connection for your job or personal circumstance, I sympathise, but you could take a positive from all this and have the attitude that the poorer the signal, the less people can pester you and the less the government can track you 😉 Most people have been unconsciously groomed to think, "I need a good signal, I need a good signal!". Sometimes, to mess with the system, I go out with no mobile device. 0G. Just like in in the novel "1984" when they go out into the countryside to escape surveillance.

@Danno196 I am sorry the issue with receiving no 4G is still occurring. If the issue that is causing this has been located our engineers will be working to get this resolved as soon as possible. I do hope this is resolved soon so you receive the signal you should be. If you require any updates, please feel free free to reach out again and we can check on any progress. 

Hi Andy. As you work with Vodafone maybe you can get some details of what the issue is any a timescale and post it here. It is the issue in the GU35 area. I am sure many in the community would welcome your input and some transparency on this. I have so far been met with a complete inability to explain what has happened, and what the plan is. 

I can check to see if there are any incidents raised for masts at your location. I've gone through the thread and the last postcode you mentioned is Gl9 1JG - Which is served by mast 1581, it appears to be operating normally and did have some minor maintenance completed on the 13th. If you'd like to provide your full GU35 postcode I can check that. If you're not comfortable sharing this you can reach out to our social media team.

So this was in fact a lie?

1000002346.jpg

1000002347.jpg

Hi Thomas. I think James has a problem at the GL9 postcode. My postcode is GU35 8JG. A previous Vodafone rep has identified that there is a network issue, but did not give any detail about what it was. They did say that there was no timescale for a fix. If you can add that detail it would be appreciated so that the local community here can make decisions about whether to stay with Vodafone, or more to an alternative network where 4G is currently strong inside and out.

Hey Danno, I've just double checked and I don't see anything flagged. I've also checked our sharepoint in social media to see if any network cases are being managed from there and I don't see any matching that postcode. 

However, just because there aren't any issues doesn't mean you will have a strong signal. I can unfortunately see you're in a poor signal area. There is likely not much we could do, it might be possible that optimisation could make some changes to try and cover certain areas more efficiently. For that we would need to raise a network case and it requires 3 speed screenshots over a 24 hour period and going through certain checks. Our social media team can start this process, then myself or one of the other forum moderators will send the case off once all the info has been collected. Just to set expectations it might not get to that step as this may be the best signal that's available in the location currently and there's little wiggle room, as frustrating as that might be. But this is an option.

Thanks Thomas. I did send a screen shot of the speed test to the social media team showing zero connection. Unfortunately because no one person took ownership, this seems to have just been overlooked. In one two hour period I had three different people talking to me on the social media chat, so it is impossible to get any continuity. Thank you though for your straight forward reply. To be clear, 4 g was very strong where I live until a few weeks ago, and since everyone in the area is suffering the same issue. The Vodafone online coverage map still show 4 g strong indoors and out when I put in my postcode, but this does not reflect the new reality. Clearly something has changed, but as this is the new norm I will move over to Three who have good coverage here. Once again thank you for the straight answer, your honesty is appreciated.

Ok, there might be something to look at or it could be the unfortunate consequence of the 3G decommissioning. If you'd like to try and speak with the team and provide everything they can start the process. 

Thanks Thomas. I have done that via social media, but every exchange seemed to get a different person and they were all obsessed with me changing settings on my phone. That became very frustrating as it is clear the handset cannot be the issue, as many people in this area have the same problem. I actually had a work Vodafone handset with me that also could no longer get the 4 G signal, but again that was ignored when I pointed it out. I didn’t seem to be able to get across that this is a network issue that seems to coincide with the 3G switch off. I don’t have any more information to give, so I think I will have to leave it to Vodafone to address or not, as they see fit. Again many thanks for your clarity, maybe some of your colleagues on the social media side could take some tips from you.