Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S74 - Barnsley - mobile signal problems

________mark
4: Newbie

I'm having issues with mobile signal dropping out when at home. I use an iPhone 5S running the latest version of iOS 10. All is fine (usual decent 3G or 4G signal) but then every 10-20 minutes I will lose reception ("No service") for a couple of minutes, or reported signal will just jump erratically between No Service, GPRS, Edge, 3G and 4G.

Something similar has happened before (more than once - fixed by Vodafone engineer visiting local mast?) but on those occasions it was happening like clockwork every minute or so, and so easier to monitor and report on. Obviously this time around it is less of an issue for me but because there is far longer between drop-outs this time, it is also more difficult to keep track of.

I did have an text from Vodafone on 25 August saying that there was going to be work in the S74 area and i would notice "around 2-3 days disruption over the next 6 weeks" but the issue had already been going on for a few weeks by then, and neither before or after the message has any work or fault been listed on the network status page.

Template answers...

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Just seems to happen at home or in the vicinity - usually, but not always, when indoors. No problems with signal anywhere else.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs?

S74 0B*

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Not tried it in a different phone on this occasion but the fact the problem only happens in one area plus past experience with almost identical issues suggest it's nothing to do with my SIM.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No error messages - Signal just drops from decent 3G/4G to "No service".

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

Turning off 3G and 4G seems to help preserve the connection.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

About 6 weeks ago? But the problem is very similar to those I have experienced before (dealt with via this forum but post are no longer available).

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

I'm only at home at evenings and weekends, so can't say for 100% certain, but it seems to be permanant.

3 REPLIES 3

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@________mark I've checked your local serving site (1930) and can see it's currently being investigated relating to performance issues, this is logged under INC3029362.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused, rest assured our teams are working hard to resolve this issue. 

Thanks for letting me know, Alex. Is there any reason this issue isn't listed on the network status page/map?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@________mark I'm unsure why it's not showing on our network coverage checker 🤔

However we are aware of this issue and are working on it 🙂