Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung s20 fe no 5g available

Danielhoing
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Samsung S20 Fe that I got on monthly plan. The plan has 5G enabled but I can't select it on my phone. I have heard it could be my Vodafone simcard, although I have just received the phone and simcard new. Can you help please?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Danielhoing 

When you go into Settings and Connections and mobile networks do you see something similar to my Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G. 

Screenshot_20210407-165025_Call settings.jpg

This is driven by your sim card.

Also a person needs to be on a 5G tariff and in a 5G area.

Check with customer services on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to check your account and check in your myvodafone in regards to your tariff and benefits given.

Check in Status-checker. 

Just about add 5G is still in its infancy and can be hit and miss at times. 

A person ends to be pretty much near a 5G module.

On a side note for me As 5G at this time primarily allows faster downloads and not a faster surfing experience I'm not personally needing it.

Also 5G is known to be a resource hog and drain the phone's battery faster.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Danielhoing wrote:

I have a Samsung S20 Fe that I got on monthly plan. The plan has 5G enabled but I can't select it on my phone. I have heard it could be my Vodafone simcard, although I have just received the phone and simcard new. Can you help please?

Do you have a Samsung S20 FE or Samsung S20 FE 5G? One has 5G the other does not.