Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Conference Call dropped connection

Linniebinnie
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When in a conference call, why does my connection drop after exactly 30 minutes.  I am in an amateur dramatics group and because of COVID19 we are doing a play via conference call.  This will be recorded and broadcast.  Trouble is, during rehearsals my phone drops the connection exactly every 30 minutes.  This will not be good when we actually record, as my reconnection to the conference call causes a loud bleep.  I'm thinking I'm missing something in the settings somewhere.  Can anyone help please?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

That's a conundrum @Linniebinnie 

Does this happen to the other people involved in the conference call ?

As far as I'm aware there isn't a time limit on conference calls.

Maybe the masts are suffering from mast congestion.

A person can check their masts status via Status-checker  and can have things checked at Vodafone's end via engaging with the Vodafone Social Media Team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

It might be a glitch that self resolves.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi there and thanks for your prompt reply.  It is definitely a conundrum, as the connection drops exactly 30 minutes after I first join the conference, then I get back on and it goes again exactly 30 minutes later.  That's why I thought it must be something to do with my settings.   No-one else on the conference call suffers this (there are about 12 of us), including my husband who also has a Vodafone mobile.  At someone's suggestion, I did update my phone last week (even though it's only a couple of months old) and the first conference call after that was fine.  I thought I'd sorted it.  However, another conference call later and the same thing started to happen.  I don't see how it can be to do with the local mast, as it is so exactly on 30 minutes each time.  Thanks for your suggestions and I will try contacting the Vodafone Social Media Team.  

Sounds then to be connected to your phone / software or settings in some way !

@Linniebinnie you're welcome for my reply.  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Linniebinnie 

I have been having a few thoughts about your problem, with the calls cutting off at precisely 30 minutes, I think this is more to do with cell capacity, each mobile cell has it's own capacity and number of calls it can manage at any one time, when it reaches the maximum, the caller either hears beeps or network busy message.  As you have been on a call for 30 minutes, you are disconnected to allow further connections.

If were were using an WiFi internet connection as suggested, this may be a workaround and you shouldn't get disconnected.  You are free to download Skype to the phones and conference call that way avoiding connecting to the mobile network. 

Strangely, there was a similar thread last week with the same problem here: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Pixel-3xl-drops-calls-after-half-hour/m-p/2657129

I have the same problem, only calls drop after 29 minutes 50 seconds. I believe other subscribers also have the same problem. I have been trying to resolve this with Vodafone for several weeks without success, but i'm still trying to get it sorted out.

This appears to be a common problem and they have not yet provided a fix - https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Pixel-3xl-drops-calls-after-half-hour/td-p/2657129/highlight...