Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow 4G and no 5G in Perth, Scotland

Scooty997
4: Newbie

Hi there. Service with Vodafone in Perth has become so bad I wanted to make this known. The 4G speed is totally useless now and we still have no 5G. I also wanted to ask and see if any individuals or moderators could share when the city will be getting a 5G upgrade?

anyways,

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

The coverage is terrible and also very slow across the whole of Perth city centre. There is no 5G still and only an overly congested 4G connection available, which has become much worse since the 3G switch off 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

PH2 7EY

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Same issue on anybody’s phone using Vodafone 

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

N/a aside from things not loading

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

Happens on E and 4G. Still no 5G in Perth…    

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Since the 3G switch off it has become particularly poor and unusable 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent for sure, but improves during off peak hours as you would imagine .

if any light can be shed into this issue that would be appreciated. Thanks

24 REPLIES 24

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues when connecting to our network. I've checked the postcode @Scooty997 (PH2 7EY). We've no issues with our 2G, or 4G networks in your area at this time, the mast serving you (5315), is working as expected and has experienced no recent outages. So we can take a closer look into our coverage, please reach out to us via out social channels and we'll be happy to help. 

If you'd also like us to take a look into the issues you're experiencing @LUCIFER-40, you can also pop us a message via the link and we'll be happy to check for you.

Hi Mark. Thanks for your reply. I have to say though, is it not clear from this forum there are issues? Please raise this to your network team as it’s obvious there are problems as highlighted by those agreeing with me. Thanks

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're unable to locate any issues from our end @Scooty997, so we'll need to go through a few more steps and will need to take a little personal info from you before escalating this,. For security reasons we're unable to ask for this publicly. This is why we'd like you to contact us thorough the link in my previous message. this will allow us to move your conversation to private message and freely discuss this with you 😊

I see no worries, will do this evening 👍

good luck Scotty997

Hi @LUCIFER-40 - am in talks with Vodafone on Instagram about the poor service. They are taking speed tests from me just now throughout the day. Unsure if you have had this chat with them before and assume if so it’s not amounted to anything, but if not may be worth contacting them too as the more of us in Perth complaining they might be more enticed to sort it out to not loose us as customers! Cheers 

definitely not had that before, but i will give it a try. they have to do something and includes put 5G in place.

100% agree. Perth is the only Scottish city without Vodafone 5G, all the other providers have it! Cannot get my head around why! Perhaps @Mark or another Vodafone staff member could shed some light on this?…

Effie

We are working to expand our 5G reach @Scooty997 but this is something that takes time and we don't currently have a road map for when specific cities will get the upgrade. As soon as we have the planning in place, we will then move forward with getting that up and running. 

Scooty997
4: Newbie

That’s disappointing. Well Vodafone have till October to get the upgrade underway as that’s when my contract is up