Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trouble using same game while on same network as other Xbox

Imperdo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So basically a few days ago i upgraded to Gigafast. 

All speeds are as fast as expected and things were running smoothly, i had no trouble playing online games. Then i tried to load into Call of Duty Modern Warfare and noticed i could not connect to the game servers. I did a speed check and everything was up and running, i could also log into any game i had completely fine. Then i did lots and lots of digging, trying various Port forwarding and also deleting my game and the factory Resetting my Xbox. nothing worked.

After two days of head scratching i figured out the problem (we have another XBOX in the house that was being used on Call of Duty) and when one Xbox is on Call of Duty the other cannot connect to the online servers.

This leads me to an odd place, what am i looking for settings wise to allow both Xboxes to connect to the game (different xbox profiles might i add) while on the same network? it just seems very odd to me as on our old Internet we had no troubles at all. The only thing i am left thinking is i need to use a third party router? but surely there is a simpler work around

Hope someone can help :Smiling:

5 REPLIES 5

sharpelk
2: Seeker

Hi Wondered if you managed to get this resolved?

I have same issue but i have 2 PC's trying to play COD Black ops. Which ever PC connects first is fine and the other just gets an error - "345 Blazing Gator". very annoying.

Hello, no not exactly. What i ended up doing was using our old tp link router (archer vr600) and it seems to work completely fine. I have no idea what the issue was. But it must have been with the vodafone hardware somehow 

Thanks, i was toying with the idea of replacing the router.

These Vodafone routers are not great, particularly the wireless.

How would you go by setting this up. Is just removing the Vodafone router from the wall, then replacing it with the TP-Link router or other company router. I am having the same issue and I am going to try this method. Or do you just plug the TP-Link router into the Vodafone router? Also, does this affect speeds as it isn't using the Vodafone router. 

Image below of the router I have?

Barxsy

Just wondering if anyone has got this sorted? im currently having this issue, playing on PC with my son if he connects to a game (call of duty) before i do, i then cant connect just says disconnected from the game, i have tried talking to vodafone about this issue and they have no idea what is going on lol i did see someone say about a different router, did that work for anyone? its so weird how this happens i have never had this happen with any other internet provider