Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Website incorrectly blocked

samsargent
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi there, our website: https://smartrevise.online is being blocked by Vodafone (it's flagged as 18+) on our students devices using your network.  Please can you reclassify and unblock.

Virus Total is all clear: VirusTotal - URL - 556c7977a0d62aecedfda92c8338d2cff8c9eb5a408d2491799df26e9b385a83

Again, this is an educational website that students use.

19 REPLIES 19

Hi Steph,

This was repeated on 22/09, 26/09 and 27/09.

its important this is resolved, we can also get our technical director involved if you need any questions answered.

I appreciate that this has been going on for a while @samsargent and I am sorry for any inconvenience and frustration caused. We are chasing it and as soon as we have an answer for you, we will let you know immediately. 

Hi Steph,

Do you have a response yet? I remind you that the longer this goes on for the more students using your network you are affecting. I’m happy to escalate this if needed. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can understand your frustration regarding this @samsargent. Our team are still looking into this. As soon as we receive an update, we'll be in touch with this. Thanks for your patience at this time.

Mark, can you tell me why it’s taking so long?

I’ve already said we can involve our technical director to assist with any questions you might have.

Again, it’s an educational website, so classifying it as 18+ incorrectly is affecting our users that are on the Vodafone network.

We understand your frustrations @samsargent. We raised a ticket to our team for this classification to be looked into. We are chasing up with the team for an update on their investigation. As soon as we have any further information, we'll inform you here. 

Lucy, this reply is getting very repetitive now. 
I was told 3-5 days. It’s now 14 days. You are stopping children from being able to learn. But it seems like you don’t care.  Why is it taking so long? 
I’m pretty happy going to the press at this point. “Vodafone blocks educational website by incorrectly classifying it as 18+” seems like a catchy headline, what do you think?

@samsargent We've since had an update on the ticket raised for this reclassification. The team have reviewed and initiated the request for the site to be reclassified. We will continue to monitor for resolution and keep you informed here. 

@samsargent I hope you're doing well. We've had confirmation that the site has now been reclassified as 'Education'. Please allow 24 hours for changes to take effect and ensure that you clear cache and cookies before trying again. 

Siciliano345
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Vodafone wrongly labels our educational site as 18+. Students can't access it. We're fixing it ASAP. Everyone deserves to learn! Thanks for your patience.