Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Whatsapp web

xangelinax
4: Newbie

I am having issues when trying to use whatsapp's web application. I am unable to scan the QR code they provide. I have already contact their support team and they have asked that I do a few troubleshooting step which I have and provided evidence of it still not working. 

Steps I have tried:

1. Clearing cache

2. The old turn off and on of the phone, the wifi/mobile connection and airplane mode.

3. Uninstall and reinstall of the app itself

4. Tested other QR codes which all scan and display the correct information. 

5. Various different browsers (chrome, firefox, edge, safari) and a windows desktop and two macbooks.

6. Making sure the camera lens is clean

7. Moving away from the screen and testing further back from it

I have also had someone else test their whatsapp on one of my devices and it connects straight away. 

Nothing seems to be working and they have asked that I check with my service provider that my settings are correct, they mentioned the APN setting. Who or how do I go about checking this for my device? 

My device is a huawei P20 Pro that I have had since 2018. 

2 REPLIES 2

Andy

Hi @xangelinax 👋 This certainly is a strange one, if you have tried Wi-Fi as well as mobile data it wouldn`t be an issue with your APN`s, if your APN`s are incorrect your mobile data wouldn't work at all. As you say other QR codes work fine it does point to the issue being WhatsApp end. I do apologise that I couldn`t help further.

Hi @Andy , I knew it would be but I thought I should ask regardless. Thank you for confirming what I thought.