Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

broken reception telephony

bill2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,  I have been experiencing the same problem as Kam-PKS when using the note 20 ultra from TW13 6HD. yesterday I was on a call from that area it kept dropping out the other side could hear me I could not hear them for perhaps 20 seconds then voice would return I continued the conversation keeping the line open and moved to another mast and the problem was resolved it remained solid for nearly an hours conversation. The day before I went to Twickenham to a phone repair shop, the repair man tested a call for 10 mins without problem and suggested a reception fault in the area of my home. This has only been happening for a month or so. Like Kam-PKS the Vodafone operator reset something and said it would be ok it isn't. Any help appreciated.    

7 REPLIES 7

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @bill2, I've taken a look at the postcode you've provided and the coverage is good indoors and outdoors for 2G, 3G, and 4G. The 5G coverage is limited for the area. I've also checked the mast you connect to (No. 77165) and there is no downtime or maintenance at the moment. If you haven't already, please reach out to our Social Media team here, and they'll be able to investigate your account further and get this raised to our engineers if needs be 🙂

Hello Beth,

Thanks for your reply. the vodafone folk told me there was no problem with the mast however the phone continues to be a problem I wonder if I move to EE the connection might improve there seems little else I can do but a shame after many years with Vodafone.

Hi @bill2, We certainly don`t want it to come to you needing to change network, I have double checked the mast and like Beth said we can`t see any current issues. I believe we will need to raise this to our network team for further investigation, if you can contact us via the link given by Beth, and our social team will be happy to help further. When contacting us feel free to pop a link to this post so you don`t have to explain things again. 

Hello Andy,

Thank you for your message. The problem has much improved this morning for the first time in weeks I had a long conversation with only minor blanks through the home mast if it continues this way or improves further then I can cope. I imagine there must be an issue with connectivity that does not show on your remote diagnostics. Quite why only so few have raised concern is a mystery interesting though that both Kam-PKS and myself were using similar units.  

Hello Andy, Despite the expectations of my post this afternoon just had a conversation lasting 8 mins and 1/3 was no voice from other side. I would be very grateful if you could energise the team to look at the problem. Many thanks 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bill2 - Thanks for the update again. I'm sorry to hear it's not resolved. I've searched our Social Media channel, for a message from the name you've registered to the Community with and nothing's showing. We'd like to take a look at what's happening with your connection. Please get in touch with my team through Social Media and we can then investigate it further. 

have you managed to get any where with this they just seem to be sending me round in circles bunch of jokers