cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

website incorrectly listed as having adult content www.pointosale.co.uk how do we get it re classifi

sysservhon45676
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

our website has been recently incorrectly listed as having adult content www.pointosale.co.uk how do we get it re classified?

we supply support and repairs to epos systems and our website is a large depository of system part numbers and spares, which we and other companies use as a ref site

which i suddenly cannot access on the move, neither can any of our staff

Screenshot_20230222_164319_Chrome.jpgwebsite incorrectly listed as having adult content www.pointosale.co.uk how do we get it re classified?

we supply support and repairs to epos systems and our website is a large depository of system part numbers and spares

which i suddenly cannot access on the move, neither can any of our staff

8 REPLIES 8

Cynric
16: Advanced member

@sysservhon45676  Looking at your site with Cloudflare Radar, why does your DOM have direct links to exe files (page 5 of the DOM in the report)? 

https://radar.cloudflare.com/scan/a54bf504-a0c2-437a-a9b3-daceee39aab1/dom

Because clients need updated to support items. like drivers etc. repair tools etc.

which is standard with any computer companies support site in fact you wont find any large computer site that is there to help that doesnt have drivers and upgrade files

and some will be downloads specifically prepared for a client ie adding their menu etc

Cynric

@sysservhon45676  I think it would be better/safer to put the URL of the product owner rather than host a binary file. Otherwise you are going to have the "fun" of curating the software/drivers/tools you are giving your customers.

not sure what you mean people need the support item where the product is, and never had any issues with anyone else. we dont do adult anything, if someone has a prolific cash drawer trigger the software to use it is on the page?

@sysservhon45676  I mean, don't host CrystalDiskInfo when you can put the URL "https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/" into your webpage. Current version is 9.3.2 and when it changes you do not have to do a thing, or do you want to keep refreshing it.  

If other things are developed in-house, that's fine, but you appear to have loaded the binary files into the DOM instead of using a PHP redirect to a file server or even FTP server. Over time the load time will increase. 

Anyway, I started out by thinking that having binaries in the DOM may be the cause of your site being flagged. There are sufficient references to false-positive hits for crystaldiskinfo over the last few years that it could be another one.

the reson is the current version of crystaldisk info has advertising built in and can be a real pain (hence you getting issues with it). the version we have online does not its a portable one that is before they started to try and sell advertising. They dont have a link now to the non advertising version

And the software owner with lots of these items are us, we develop epos software amongst other things